User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPS3E?
Alexander Offline
★ Blah ★

EPS3E?
So I found *snip* and my ***** meter went off the charts. I know that emulation of the PS3 shouldn't be possible at good FPS for another 10 - 20 years, but I won't shoot down the possibility that some crazy designer did something amazing or something as in the end anything is possible, right?

Anyway, the site looks like a fake to me being that it has no forum, no community, and has no data to back up that this is legit. Just a crappy download link to a site that wants you to do a goddamn survey and I know that's probably just a Ad scam.

Anyway, just wanting to ask one time if this is legit at all, and if it is does it run well? ePCSXe was made by the same guys as PCSX2 right? So the PS3 version should be made by the same people. Did someone just rip off your name and make a fake emulator to give people the TDL4 virus or some crap?

They say they achieved it because of the new multi-core technology, but that just sounds to me like they don't know what the hell they're talking about since it just doesn't work that way. "Yeah, we can make a PS3 emulator because CPUs have multiple cores now". Multiple CPUs alone means hardly a damned thing by what I understand, and making a PS3 emulator would be hella difficult in the sense of reverse engineering it alone. I really don't believe that anyone with a site as crappy as that could make one, especially if they have nothing to do with PCSX2 team.

Download at your own risk. I just linked in reference to the website.

[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 04:33 AM by jesalvein.)
05-25-2012 04:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Sponsored links

Ice Queen Zero Offline
Nobody

RE: EPS3E?
Obviously a fake...

Even if it's really working, hope you got a lot of patience running your games at 0.00000001 FPS

I think you mean PCSX in your post right?? Coz there is no such thing as ePCSXe..

or maybe PCSX + ePSXe = ePCSXe...Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 01:23 PM by Ice Queen Zero.)
05-25-2012 04:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexander Offline
★ Blah ★

Look at the "system requirements" page, and see the recommended hardware. I was like "What the hell? System requirements for what framerate? 0.00000001FPS?"

05-25-2012 04:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ice Queen Zero Offline
Nobody

I think this was already discussed in some threads in this forum..Can't remember it clearly...

I'm lazy to use the "search function" Laugh
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 01:24 PM by Ice Queen Zero.)
05-25-2012 04:27 AM
Alexander Offline
★ Blah ★

Obviously so am I, since I just posted here about it. I tend to just ask by myself anyway, since I like to use my own wording of the question to get specific details of my own question answered. I typically get bad grammar posts when I search for answers anyway, and they're an eyesore to look at because they just dunno what they're talking about and they can't spell out the word "you".

Oh, here's something I'm interested in though - I understand that emulation takes some 100 times the power of the console to emulate, but why is that? How about if, hypothetically speaking, there was an absolutely perfect emulator made... would it still need 100x the original hardware capabilities? I just want to know exactly what it is that causes this. I think, using some common sense, that I have an idea that it's because all the hardware is sort-of "faked" through software or something, but I'm not a developer and everything I know about the details is purely from my own speculation, which is just me using logic skills.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to develop something that gets around the 100x requirement barrier. It would be a huge breakthrough in emulation.

I'm guessing that the only ones capable of doing that are the console developers themselves though, at least without some super-developers somewhere doing all of what the console manufacturer would normally do themselves. That would be some serious skill.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 04:38 AM by Alexander.)
05-25-2012 04:31 AM
Ice Queen Zero Offline
Nobody

About your question, I think I'll leave it to PCSX2 coders or someone expert who are willing to post here..And seriously, my amateur knowledge ends here..

Anyway I found something:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX3--15534
05-25-2012 04:36 AM
jesalvein Offline
Registered IT crowd

technically, no.
you're running pieces of software on an architecture that wasn't made for it.
an emu is a kind of real time translator.

if the machine's architecture is close to the original hardware, the emu won't have a lot of "translating" to process (i.e : Dolphin)
PS2 & PS3 's hardware are so far from PC's hardware that this "translating process" will require more raw power.

BTW, I removed your link to avoid any further problem.

CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce 560 GTX
RAM : 6 Go
05-25-2012 04:38 AM
Alexander Offline
★ Blah ★

Ah, I see... hmm... would it be possible to make a piece of software that instead of translating in real-time, permanently translates console games into PC games? You know, like input a PS2 game and output a translated PC version of the game?

I'm going to guess one of the big issues with that is legal issues huh...

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 04:44 AM by Alexander.)
05-25-2012 04:43 AM
Ice Queen Zero Offline
Nobody

(05-25-2012 04:43 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote:  input a PS2 game and output a translated PC version of the game?

If we actually can do this, then I would rip all my PS2 DVDs, nuff said Wacko
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2012 04:46 AM by Ice Queen Zero.)
05-25-2012 04:46 AM
jesalvein Offline
Registered IT crowd

well, you just came to understand the difference between a port and an emu...

CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce 560 GTX
RAM : 6 Go
05-25-2012 04:51 AM

Current time: 12-22-2014, 07:43 PM