Front Mission series.
Hmm, unfortunately I don't see any change. Also, the start screen shows the glitch layer again.
One thing I forgot to mention, for all plugins, when you have the combat menu up, the weird glitch layer disappears.

By the way, the piece of code for gsdx that relates to this, what is its purpose? I sure hope it's not a lot of work to figure out!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I must have done it wrong then, cuz it works now!
Thanks so much rama!!!!!
Unfortunately there's been no change for me, still got glitchy overlay and messed up shadows. I put the new dll in the plugin folder, changed the line in gsdx.ini to read 'gamefix_skipdraw=2' and selected the new dll in the PCSX2 menu. Did you do anything different suhaib?
i7 6700k @4.5GHz | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | 32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit
I hope you didn't put the quotes in that because that way it won't do anything Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
No, no quote marks in there:
Code:
[Settings]
ModeWidth=1280
ModeHeight=960
ModeRefreshRate=60
Renderer=3
Interlace=0
AspectRatio=1
upscale_multiplier=1
windowed=1
filter=2
paltex=0
vsync=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
blur=0
nativeres=0
resx=1024
resy=1024
swthreads=1
gamefix_skipdraw=2
Perhaps it depends on the version of PCSX2 being used. I'll try it with the 1888 release.

Edit: Partly works with 1888 (had to add w32pthreads.v3.dll to the main folder). The overlay is gone but the shadows are still glitching.
Thanks for the progress rama.
i7 6700k @4.5GHz | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | 32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit
I think it needs to be:
Code:
gamefix_skipdraw = 2

(extra spaces)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thank you Bositman, but that didn't make a difference.
It should work in all versions of pcsx2 (and it does, I tested).
The shadows are an ugly thing, the same problem happens in xenosaga games as well.
Not sure yet if I can fix those.
Khalan, should work with all like rama said. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but what I did wrong first was only change the ini in the local pcsx2 ini folder. I forgot to set the gsdx ini in the pcsx2 folder located in my documents. You may have a pcsx2 folder there as well, and I think it creates one there the first time you run whatever version of pcsx2 that started that global location for settings. Try that and see if it works for you.

Aside from the ugly shadows, It's totally playable and I am gonna beat this game now! Thanks again everyone involved in pcsx2 and rama
edit: the weird shadows don't show in software mode by the way.
Yeah, the shadows are misplaced just a tiny bit. A typical hw rendering problem, much like the glitches we get from upscaling.