GSdx 1.0
You should contact nvidia.

Sponsored links

(10-21-2016, 10:10 PM)gregory Wrote: You should contact nvidia.

Yeah, probably. Sorry if I sound annoying. You are the best current GSdx contributor and I shouldn't bombard you with requests about hardware and software you don't use. I'm just venting my frustration.

I don't know if they (Nvidia support) work on weekends, but I'll try submitting a ticket support. I'll try to find some more PC game examples first, because I don't know how seriously they'll take emulation examples.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Ahhh, forgot that PCSX2 doesn't use exclusive fullscreen. I always run desktop composition off because my main monitor is normally at 120Hz as well (set it at 60Hz for this so that the backlight strobing wouldnt cause double imaging) but the other 4 are 60Hz all the time so it causes some lag issues dragging windows around. The desktop compositor sucks with miss-matched refresh rates... So the vsync function in the GS Window settings requires desktop composition to be on?
I'll try that later and see how it goes!

Also just to be clear, its working perfect with the workaround, was just an odd behaviour so I thought I'd ask Tongue

As for G-Sync, I think that Nvidia are making some headway with borderless fullscreen / non exclusive fullscreen because all Universal Windows Platform games on Windows 10 (from the store) are forced to be non-exclusive. I don't think its working all that well yet though. Previously variable refresh rate pretty much only worked on exclusive fullscreen games.
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6Ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor @2.1GHz
@gregory: Megaman X8 is mostly dark in OGL as of this commit: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/8f...05c720b941
GS Dump: [attachment=61324]

And did you look into the FFXII Preload Frame Data issue I posted earlier?
Wait this commit introduces regression! Is it even supported on you driver. I will look at rhe dump. No I didn't look at ffxii issue yet.
I tried a few more games and it seems to affect most games, so the dump will probably not show the issue on your side. I also tried both AMD GPU and Intel iGPU and if it is a driver issue, it's affecting both again.

The dump does also show a different issue affecting glowing objects in HW modes, so the dump isn't totally useless. Tongue2
Do you have any shader errors ? Otherwise I will disable the code for them.
Code:
debug_glsl_shader = 1
I added the option, but no new errors show up. What will be shown if there's a shader error?
While I was checking up on the SH3 FMV issue, I noticed a regression in Silent Hill 3. When booting the game the Silent Hill 3 logo should show up at the bottom right of the screen while loading the the UI and FMV's that follow it. Somewhere since v1.4.0 this has disappeared when fast booting with OpenGL (Hardware). It does still show up when doing a full boot with OGL HW or fast booting with the Direct3D renderers or software mode.
(10-23-2016, 11:51 PM)FlatOut Wrote: While I was checking up on the SH3 FMV issue, I noticed a regression in Silent Hill 3. When booting the game the Silent Hill 3 logo should show up at the bottom right of the screen while loading the the UI and FMV's that follow it. Somewhere since v1.4.0 this has disappeared when fast booting with OpenGL (Hardware). It does still show up when doing a full boot with OGL HW or fast booting with the Direct3D renderers or software mode.

A lot of games have done that in the past, initial text only screens or static graphics don't show up unless you boot in software mode, I've seen that happen many times.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]