GSdx-ogl speed increase
(04-28-2015, 09:14 PM)refraction Wrote: KOF is 2d Tongue2

KOF 2006 is not a 2d game. It was the second 3D KOF released for the PS2, the first being King of Fighters - Maximum Impact released in 2003.

I can't check right now but I'll see if the spamming have stopped in the morning.

Sponsored links

So it is! My bad!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-28-2015, 09:50 AM)gregory Wrote: Could you give a try of last version. Normally I must have fixed the spamming log (file was renamed GSdx_opengl_debug.txt)

The latest master does fix the spamming, and the GSdx_opengl_debug.txt has no new messages.
Cool. Is the file completely empty?
(04-30-2015, 11:10 PM)gregory Wrote: Cool. Is the file completely empty?

Yeah
Do you still have a strange behavior on debug build? dev build?
Yeah, it still happens. Dev builds, and release builds work fine. It only happens with debug builds. I also tried the same debug build on my other PC that has an nvidia 650ti, and I didn't have any issues.

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like on catalyst. http://i.imgur.com/lU56crn.png

When I get a chance I'll check if it happens in older versions to see if I can find what commit causes it.
Debug build is very similar to dev build.

You can try to remove completely this code:
Quote:GSDeviceOGL.cpp:387:#ifdef _DEBUG
GSDeviceOGL.cpp-388- ASSERT(gl_CheckFramebufferStatus(GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER) == GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE);
GSDeviceOGL.cpp-389-#endif
Here only remove the ifndef and endif lines
Quote:GSShaderOGL.cpp:101:#ifndef _DEBUG
GSShaderOGL.cpp-102- // In debug always sets the program. It allow to replace the program in apitrace easily.
GSShaderOGL.cpp-103- GLState:Tongue2s = s;
GSShaderOGL.cpp-104-#endif

Otherwise I don't think there any difference between debug and dev!
Removing the two lines in GSShaderOGL.cpp fixes the issue on Catalyst, and mesa!
Which one exactly remove the issue? Assert of the ifndef part.