GSdx
(07-29-2010, 01:42 AM)rama Wrote: JTD:
Thanks, but it really has to be that particular PCSX2 version and plugins.
If you don't mind, here's a working link to r1888:

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads...8-setup.7z

I wonder about your 2048*2048 results, which are a bit too low, that's why..
(Getting 78FPS there, with an overclocked GTX260, a 2 year old card Wink )
Thanks for the linkage!
I'll bench it on that version tomorrow.
I'm doing some video editing and other stuff tonight.

(07-29-2010, 01:54 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: it must be his whole pc (i think he has only the card for now and not the new pc) also it can be driver problems heat problems etc etc

My motherboard has an AM2+ socket, so I'm limited to DDRII RAM.
I'm kinda unsure how the X2 240's PCI Express bus is set up, but I have it running at stock (100 MHz). The Sys Info in the nVIDIA Control Panel shows it as "Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2".
I'm using Driver Version 258.96 (7-19-2010). I downloaded it from nVIDIA.com

I have been running it with the side panel off since I got the card, cause I'm overclocking my AMD CPU with the stock heatsink, at stock voltages. >_>
But my CPU temps are well within norms (under 60c @ full load for 2 hours with Prime) IF i keep the side panel off...

But, yeah, I think the driver could very well be limiting me, as this is a new card and all, and I don't think nVIDIA has had enough time to fully optimize drivers for it yet.

Even so, I'll run the bench on r1888 and post my findings in the official thread tomorrow. Wink
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<

Sponsored links

I was reading some place the GSDX works with EpsxE if so how?
Just copy the gsdx dll file to the epsxe\plugins folder. Only the software renderer works and it doesn't have many features tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
You'll need an old version for that, we deleted all the code.
GSDX didn't work well with PSX anyway... You may try it only to satisfy your curiosity...
Look for GSDX revision 2753 and earlier...
I tried once when it was on early development, it looks like epsxe software mode and there's no option at all, you'd be better off with pete's ogl2.
Are there any plans to add mip-mapping to Gsdx any time soon? Games like Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank 3 are fully playable with the latest SVNs and the 0.97 beta and even run fast with speedhacks, but they still lack mip-mapping so a lot of far away areas look quite distorted or otherwise buggy (but fortunately there are parts which the lack of mip mapping doesn't affect at all, too). I'm midway through playing both of them and it'd be really nice if it was implemented at some point, considering how well the games work otherwise.
just download one of the gsdx only

gsdx 0.1.14 worked with epsxe 170

just copy it to the plugins folder on the epsxe directory

goodluck
We added mipmapping experimentally for a while and had very limited success. It's put off until after the texture cache work for now.
Hello.
I've been following PCSX2 since my college days 4 years ago, and I hold the developers of this emulator in extremely high regard.

I would like to ask, is PCSX2 heavily CPU-dependent, or can a good GPU truly make a difference?

I am asking because I have an nVidia GTX 260, but achieve around 40 FPS for most games. My CPU is a Q8200 (Quad Core, 2.33 GHz).

Being a Socket 775 motherboard, I can't really upgrade unless I grab a new motherboard and RAM set, which is too costly for me at the moment. So, I was hopeful that a new GPU would help me achieve better, more consistent (And more PS2-accurate) FPS readings.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM