Games take 2 minutes to start on new version
Actually it probably is. No one else has reported this problem. And if it was common enough, then you'd see people posting this problem in the forums and the devs would have told you that it was a known issue
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM

Sponsored links

Either you've hit some serious edgecase, or there's something wrong with your PC, I'm afraid, nobody else is reporting this.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

1.Start the task manager and go to Performance
2.Run pcsx2 and see look what is happening in the task manager(any high cpu\ram\hdd usage)

Also did you tried downloading the latest beta and just extract it somewhere,preferably not in the windows partition(like a fresh copy with nothing configured and nothing extra in the pcsx2 folder other that what the archive comes with)
Does it still takes that long
(10-15-2022, 08:44 PM)couchtripper Wrote: I have a similar problem when starting Steam and also the Wii U emulator Cemu. 

You're stating that you're having same issue with other applications. This isn't PCSX2 specific problem. This is your computer. This could be anything from your controller to your drivers to something running in the background. I've had some issues with startup when i used SweetFx graphics injection which worked fine... until it didn't and app took solid minute to start.

As others said try temporary fresh install of PCSX2 in a new directory with default settings. If you installed graphic pack files for PCSX2 or billion artwork images it may take forever to re-index them on startup. It could be vulcan drivers... It could be some windows update... The list is literally 'anything'... but it IS something specific to your machine. It's also possible you are in fact missing some C++ (.NET) redistributable and it's trying to initialize in the background then eventually gives up.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=C1FACEB7B5...B7B51DAE61 <-- has the C++ redist installer if you care to try it.