Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
when i set my brightness to 0 and then (save settings) then restart the game the brightness is reset again! (its not saved)

Sponsored links

Set it in the game options, not during a race.
I'm having issues getting into the game. I get to the licensing screen, but get stuck at the intro. I've got the patch that is supposed to fix this, found here. The patch shows up in my patch browser and it has the correct CRC, but I am still stuck at the same place, illustrated in the attached screen shot.

I've got everything configured as outlined in the original post, with the exception of things that need to be configured in-game (since I haven't gotten there yet). I'm running the SSSE3 version of GSdx and am using DX10 hardware acceleration. Specs are in my sig. Any help getting past this would be appreciated Smile

Maybe off topic, but has anyone tried using a steering wheel with this game? I have a Logitech Driving Force steering wheel that I used with this game on my PS2. It's USB and it works with PC driving sims. Does the steering wheel work with this game (or PCSX2 in general) and does it support force feedback?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is there a way to get normal brightness when using 480p? it's very dark even when the setting is on 0. You gain a lot of sharpness but you loose the normal brightness during the gameplay.

here a screenshot of what I'm talking about:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=18259]

By the way, thank you to all the guys on this thread for their precious tips and help, I finally get GT4 to work on my computer, it's working like a charm in trial mode (apart too much darkness during gameplay and the problem with the flickering texture for the ideal trajectory). I even get decent fps during these trial sessions and their replays.

My comp: E8500 at 3ghz, 4Gigs of RAM, Nvidia 9800 GT.

@Nightmare74: I had the same problem for some time: the answer is put the pnach (to skip the intro)- found the link here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4375-page-3.html in the patches folder - then ENABLE (VERY IMPORTANT!!!) the patches in MISC in PCSX2. Then when the first credit fade to black, click X or Start to skip the intro, click another time X or Start when other credits appears, the game should load normally.
My finds so far: for all configuration : 480p and brightness on 0 and with all the tips found on this thread, thank to their authors.

with GDSX 0.1.15: In Directx9 (hardware), game works with good fps in 800x600 on some tracks and 1024x758 on other with some catches:
- dark gray texture/shadow flickering problem on the road
- visual very dark during gameplay (like if brightness was down some notches)
- reflections on the car are good but somewhat not very GT-like
- bad slowdowns during race/trial on some part of each circuit
- during replays: sometimes a very blurry/pixelized during a change of camera angle

with GDSX 0.1.15: In Directx10 (hardware), good fps but
- texture/shadow flickering problem on the road
- visual very dark during gameplay (like if brightness was down some notches)
- NO MORE reflections on the car nor the road surface!
- bad slowdowns during race/trial on some part of each circuit
- during replays: sometimes a very blurry/pixelized during a change of camera angle

with ZeroGS: nice reflexions on the cars and the tracks surface and all post-fx seems there but
- very slow fps and big slowdown
- very aliased (even when AA on X2 and Bilinear filtering ON)
- maybe need a monster PC to get decent results with this one....
CPU: E8400@3GHZ
RAM: 4G Mushkin 800mhz
VIDEO: Nvidia 9800GT
HD: 640G/SATA3/7200
PCSX2: 0.9.6 last rev&plug

(06-21-2009, 07:29 AM)nightmare75 Wrote: I'm having issues getting into the game. I get to the licensing screen, but get stuck at the intro. I've got the patch that is supposed to fix this, found here. The patch shows up in my patch browser and it has the correct CRC, but I am still stuck at the same place, illustrated in the attached screen shot.

I've got everything configured as outlined in the original post, with the exception of things that need to be configured in-game (since I haven't gotten there yet). I'm running the SSSE3 version of GSdx and am using DX10 hardware acceleration. Specs are in my sig. Any help getting past this would be appreciated Smile

Maybe off topic, but has anyone tried using a steering wheel with this game? I have a Logitech Driving Force steering wheel that I used with this game on my PS2. It's USB and it works with PC driving sims. Does the steering wheel work with this game (or PCSX2 in general) and does it support force feedback?

Same here , i did all the necessary configurations (including enabling patches) except for the ingame ones, and i can't get past the intro screens.

My spec
Windows xp sp3
core 2 duo e6300 @ 3ghz (overclocked)
nvidia 8800gt
2gb ram

Edit: Made it to the main menu by renaming the pnach file to the number of my game which is the 8 character code listed in the pcsx2 console.. Smile
Hello. I have PAL version of GT4. Everything works fine but I have got graphic bugs like that:
[Image: 2lm7uht.jpg]
Can I elliminate it somehow?

My spec:
Vista 64bit
C2D e4300@3GHz
nVidia 9600GT
3GB RAM

Thanks
You can go to Config->Advanced and set Clamp mode to Extra+Preserve Sign.
hello,I write first time,but I need helP(sry on bad english)
ok lets start..
I have AMD athlon dual core 2x 2.6 5000+
graphic card nvidia gforce gtx 260
4gb ram
I cant get clear pitcure,is this PC ok for this game?
my pitcure allways block,like laggs
andd second..
i have setup my controler,and he work fine in loby..but when I pass licence I simply cant go down,and cant go out on next
plz help this desperate guy Tongue
ty
(07-29-2009, 08:13 PM)zokysk Wrote: hello,I write first time,but I need helP(sry on bad english)
ok lets start..
I have AMD athlon dual core 2x 2.6 5000+
graphic card nvidia gforce gtx 260
4gb ram
I cant get clear pitcure,is this PC ok for this game?
my pitcure allways block,like laggs
andd second..
i have setup my controler,and he work fine in loby..but when I pass licence I simply cant go down,and cant go out on next
plz help this desperate guy Tongue
ty

The problem is with your version of the game or with the emulator. What version of PCSX2 do you have? There should be no problems with running the game on your pc with PCSX2 0.9.6 and later betas + GSdx 0.1.14 and above. But with your CPU the game will run too slowly (15-30 fps with native res). To play the game with normal fps on most tracks you will need a 3.0+ GHz CPU