Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
It is strange - nurnbergring is the track that runs fine on my pc (50-60 fps even with my athlon x2 6000+). Maybe it is because of the version of the game. One question - is there a mistake in a title 'beginners challenge' ('beginners' written as 'eginners')?

Sponsored links

@eikei

That is no wrong with the word, before i find my best config for GT4, that wrong spelled word is appear not only at beginners challenge but also when u select car manufacturer, there is a option like legendary car is written "endary car"...After spend a couple hour googgling, i have no more problem with that wrong spelling

@Dirtydog

i'll choose to wait next version of pcsx2 maybe it will have some improvement or if i really want to play this game, i rather took my friend PS 2 Smile
(05-04-2009, 10:50 PM)inrptrn Wrote: Has anyone been able to drive the Nurburgring without crashing/freezing? So far it's the only track that I can't play. I've tried many different settings but it always freezes after the first corner. The rest of the game seems fine.

Yep - are you running in 480p mode because it will crash otherwise.

What I would like to know is, does the Dive Replay work for anyone because it just gives garbage on the screen when I try it (press the 'square' button during replay mode to cycle through until you get to it). It is one of the coolest things about GT4 I think, so it would be nice if it worked in PCSX2 Smile
(05-02-2009, 07:10 PM)players Wrote: @Wohlrajh

Hi nice to meet you Smile, i have a little question ( sorry if my english is bad Sad )

I want to know if my pc spec : Athlon X2 64 7750 @2,7 ghz, ati HD 4670 512mb, 4gb RAM, Vista ultimate x86 can run gran turismo 4 smoothly depend on your config?

Hi and sorry for the late answer Smile. I'm sorry but you have a too weak processor, even in native resolution you will have bad slowdowns on the most demanding tracks (the ones by night - or having a lot of light sources and details). It's sad because the rest of your config is great and enough for this game, but unfortunately this game needs a powerful proc frequency. As a comparison, even with my 3.7Ghz Quad proc, I don't have a constant 60FPS on some tracks. Well I currently play with a 1680*1680 internal resolution in order 1) to match my screen resolution, and 2) to have nicer graphics ingame. I have almost 60FPS on the majority of the situations but I still have bad slowdowns. So imagine with 1ghz less, it will be unplayable. You can try with a native internal resolution and speedhacks but don't expect it will be enjoyable.

Quote:What I would like to know is, does the Dive Replay work for anyone because it just gives garbage on the screen when I try it (press the 'square' button during replay mode to cycle through until you get to it). It is one of the coolest things about GT4 I think, so it would be nice if it worked in PCSX2

Yep the dive replay never worked fine for me too, I also have garbage on the screen, but the two other replay modes work fine. We just have to do with it I guess, even if as you say this mode rocks Tongue
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
The attract mode (beside intro movie) and manually loading replays stored on disc never worked. However I didn't test the latest beta.
(05-05-2009, 08:40 AM)dirtydog Wrote:
(05-04-2009, 10:50 PM)inrptrn Wrote: Has anyone been able to drive the Nurburgring without crashing/freezing? So far it's the only track that I can't play. I've tried many different settings but it always freezes after the first corner. The rest of the game seems fine.

That setting is not available in my game version - PAL
(05-07-2009, 06:45 AM)inrptrn Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 08:40 AM)dirtydog Wrote:

That setting is not available in my game version - PAL

Yep it's only available on NTSC version. That's why I clearly stated in my topic that this guide was made for NTSC version because that's the one I played and finished, and I know that PAL version still have crash problems that NTSC does not have, especially related to the 480p mode. It seems that the Nurb race crashes on PAL versions, I didn't have any problems on my NTSC version.

Have you tried switching your graphic plugin to ZeroGS (default config) to see if the crash in the first corner is still there ? I say that because when I played GT4, I had some random crashes on specific championship races at particular moments (at the finish line, first corner, etc..). I made a savestate, switched to ZeroGS, and played the race without a crash. GSdx is not perfectly stable on GT4 but it's still running nice on most of the game.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
------
i've tried every advice in the first page but when i start a race in Arcade mode i can see only the speedometer and a lot of coloured squares..the game doesn't crash but i can't play..

what can i do?

my laptop is a p8400 @2,20 4 gb ram and gpu 9300gs

thanks