Gran Turismo 4 vs my laptop
(05-22-2013, 04:44 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: Turbo would already be enabled. And there is no reason for the OP to disable turbo. Tbh your post leads me to believe that you dont understand turbo boosting properly.

i never knws abt turbo but they clock thire rate to 2.9 so i think maybe it fit with pcsx2 requirement to run thise game in ok speed.

Sponsored links

(05-22-2013, 04:50 AM)Yash the gamer Wrote: i never knws abt turbo but they clock thire rate to 2.9 so i think maybe it fit with pcsx2 requirement to run thise game in ok speed.

They will get 2.6GHz while running pcsx2 due to both cores being used. Speedhacks could help, but I dont have this game so I dont know how demanding it is.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
the game need a good gaming pc and take more resources to emulate it well..in my experiance i play gt3 which also need a good gaming pc .
yeah i have GT4 & it need cpu with higher clock rate.minimum to 4ghz for full speed.
my 2.10 ghz play it on 30-35 fps.so it needs double clock rate !!
(05-22-2013, 08:42 AM)Preet Wrote: yeah i have GT4 & it need cpu with higher clock rate.minimum to 4ghz for full speed.
my 2.10 ghz play it on 30-35 fps.so it needs double clock rate !!

Not exactly. You only have a dual core cpu. Quad cores gain more benefit from the mtvu speedhack, so dont need as high a clock rate. On a rough guess, id estimate possibly close to 3-3.5GHz to maintain full speed. But as I said I dont have the game so dont have personal experience with it so it may be possible with a lower clock.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
ok yeah it can take benefit from quad cores i agree.i was saying for dual cores !!
Ok, thanks for the help guys. I'm going to give it a bash this weekend and see what happens
Well I've got things up and running kind of but the game seems to get stuck on a black screen after showing the copyright info etc. Having a hunt around it sounds like an issue with the intro video but I've tried a few different things like disabling hacks and changing the GSDX stuff but it's not made a difference. I'm not really sure what to try next to get it going. Most of the info I've found is quite old and for people running ISOs of the NTSC version whereas I'm running direct from a PAL disc.

Someone mentioned a .pnach file here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GT4-help-...ase?page=3 but I don't have any idea what that is supposed to do or how to go about setting it up. Any advice appreciated.
Use iso whenever u play the game ......and enable automatic game fixes ..now if ur cpu support sse4.1 or4.2 than select it ..or if ur cpu support sse2 than ticked it....
(06-01-2013, 12:13 AM)el nombre Wrote: Well I've got things up and running kind of but the game seems to get stuck on a black screen after showing the copyright info etc. Having a hunt around it sounds like an issue with the intro video but I've tried a few different things like disabling hacks and changing the GSDX stuff but it's not made a difference. I'm not really sure what to try next to get it going. Most of the info I've found is quite old and for people running ISOs of the NTSC version whereas I'm running direct from a PAL disc.

Someone mentioned a .pnach file here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GT4-help-...ase?page=3 but I don't have any idea what that is supposed to do or how to go about setting it up. Any advice appreciated.

ok download that pnach file & place it in pcsx2 cheats directory.
in system tab of pcsx2 tick enable cheats.
it'll automatically load cheats for that game & hopefully u'r game will also get fixed Smile