Help Please
Have you installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en) as well, otherwise the GS plugin won't work?

Sponsored links

(07-02-2009, 12:58 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 12:29 PM)Goodemen Wrote: Okay so i didn't convert the way I use the Cdvd base plugin I kept it the same for now, and changed everything else to what you said, got the beta all that good stuff. But when I run the game I get three error messages two that say they memcard failure and the third says "An unhandled or unrecoverable exception has occurred, with this message
The GS Plugin failed to open/initialize

already installed the latest directx update (march 09)? check if the paths to your memcards are properly set and start pcsx2 without a game disc in your drive. open the memcard browser and format both of them. if it still doesn't work, post your complete settings and the emulog.txt. and your gpu model Wink

Okay yeah I got my situation with the memcards fixed but the other problem remains even after I downloaded DirectX 10, I took screen shots of all my settings and the error I keep getting.
(07-02-2009, 01:11 PM)Aemony Wrote: Have you installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en) as well, otherwise the GS plugin won't work?

No I have not, but I will do so than post a quick reply after reconfiguration.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you actually try to open that file from the disc with linuz iso? You do realize that .iso file is NOT an iso of the game right?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-02-2009, 01:46 PM)Bositman Wrote: Did you actually try to open that file from the disc with linuz iso? You do realize that .iso file is NOT an iso of the game right?

I'm not using the linuz configuration i'm using the Gigaherz configuration, But to answer you question about the Iso file, yes I know that but whenever I tried to use the linuz config I would select the game from my disc drive and it would open the game folder an my only option was to chose the img file within the game, and on top of that I downloaded an iso version of KHFM2 and I can't get it to work either, with it I pretty much do the same thing go to the folder and select a file but in this one it gives me three files to select and they don't work, i'll put up some screen shots for this.
Okay Aemony, I downloaded what you recommended and it still gives me the same problem, is there something else I should download or update?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If using the CDVDnull Driver, are you able to use Run -> Execute to enter the bios? Or do you get the error message then as well?
You have not made an ISO of your game,you only copied the files from the disc to your hard drive and those are useless. You MUST use a program to create an iso image of your disc like imgburn or alcohol.

Quote:that I downloaded an iso version of KHFM2
We do not support piracy here,so delete that and use your original disc or your thread gets locked and you get no further support here.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-02-2009, 02:23 PM)Aemony Wrote: If using the CDVDnull Driver, are you able to use Run -> Execute to enter the bios? Or do you get the error message then as well?

I tried useing CDVDnull it didn't give me the message and when I use direct3d9 it doesn't either but when I use direct3d10 thats when I get the message, also when I use the cdvdnull I just get a open box with no picture just the outline and the sound which is the sound that plays on the browser menu of the playstation.
I just noticed you aren't using the latest beta of GSdx. Download that and try it: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
I guess you haven't updated any plugins to the newest beta when you updated PCSX2, so do that as well: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-6830.html
(07-02-2009, 02:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: You have not made an ISO of your game,you only copied the files from the disc to your hard drive and those are useless. You MUST use a program to create an iso image of your disc like imgburn or alcohol.

Quote:that I downloaded an iso version of KHFM2
We do not support piracy here,so delete that and use your original disc or your thread gets locked and you get no further support here.

Okay well i'll look into that and post the results. But about the game I downloaded, it wasn't piracy or at least I don't think it is, I mean I didn't download it from a torrent website or anything like that, however I did get it from a filesharing website that is operated by a family member where the files originated, I had personally asked him to upload the files from his disc to the site so I could play it, he got the files from the games disc that he bought off of a website called playasia.com, the way I see it is i'm pretty much just getting a burned copy of the game except no disc was involved, but in any case if you still consider this piracy I will delete the files as you requested.
(07-02-2009, 02:54 PM)Goodemen Wrote: ...if you still consider this piracy I will delete the files as you requested.

As long as it didn't originate from an original copy of the game you own and purchased legally, it's piracy.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB