Here's a unique problem, I think
(11-13-2012, 10:18 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Oh my, never install anything under the /users folder, including the Documents folder.

I have to concurr with nosisab, The security of the Users folder is very high and will likely cause you problems in the long run. You are better off making its own folder on the root of your C drive (or another drive) and running it from there. I would suggest however you change your paths in the ini files to point to the new location also.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

What those say in the pcsx2_ui.ini
Code:
[DialogPositions]
CoreSettings_Pos=
AppSettings_Pos=
TraceLogSettings_Pos=

Mine are
Code:
[DialogPositions]
CoreSettings_Pos=144,77
AppSettings_Pos=246,63
TraceLogSettings_Pos=154,65
(11-13-2012, 12:43 PM)vsub Wrote: What those say in the pcsx2_ui.ini
Code:
[DialogPositions]
CoreSettings_Pos=
AppSettings_Pos=
TraceLogSettings_Pos=

Mine are
Code:
[DialogPositions]
CoreSettings_Pos=144,77
AppSettings_Pos=246,63
TraceLogSettings_Pos=154,65

I cant find those those lines in the pcsx2_ui.ini file...which settings are they closest to?

Also, I moved my pcsx2 folder to my C: drive and the emulation settings window still fails to load properly...at this point I'm considering just manually changing the settings in the ini files (which I'm not entirely sure how to do but is an option I guess)
Those settings probably were added by some older pcsx2 rev and they are it looks like they are not really needed but by adding them,you can specify the position of the dialogs.

BTW does taskbar button appear for the window when you try to open Config=>Emulation Settings?

If yes,try right clicking on it,choose Move and without pressing anything else,try using the direction keys to move the window(to see if the window is just moved to not visible part of the screen or if the window is not loaded at all).
(11-14-2012, 03:47 AM)vsub Wrote: Those settings probably were added by some older pcsx2 rev and they are it looks like they are not really needed but by adding them,you can specify the position of the dialogs.

BTW does taskbar button appear for the window when you try to open Config=>Emulation Settings?

If yes,try right clicking on it,choose Move and without pressing anything else,try using the direction keys to move the window(to see if the window is just moved to not visible part of the screen or if the window is not loaded at all).

The window flies off in the bottom direction now, instead of the top left...also, doing what you asked yielded no movement (not loading at all)
what is your pc resolution?
(11-14-2012, 06:14 AM)Saiki Wrote: what is your pc resolution?

1366 x 768
MainGuiPosition=50,50
DisplayPosition=50,50
WindowPos=50,50
CoreSettings_Pos=50,50
AppSettings_Pos=50,50
TraceLogSettings_Pos=50,50

try these
(11-14-2012, 06:41 AM)Saiki Wrote: MainGuiPosition=50,50
DisplayPosition=50,50
WindowPos=50,50
CoreSettings_Pos=50,50
AppSettings_Pos=50,50
TraceLogSettings_Pos=50,50

try these

Nothing happened. I really dont think its the window disappearing off screen, its the fact that its not loading at all...which is strange because I've never had this problem in the previous version of pcsx2
try deleting the inis in the pcsx2 folder