How to play "Shin Megami Tensei" Games (Guide)
(05-27-2009, 02:42 AM)peekaboo Wrote: I followed your instructions but I have one problem.

Opening scenes and music sounds ok.
But during text mode, people talk very slow.
I tried tinkering with the options but couldn't find a solution.
Do you have any suggestions?

You say you already tested other options,and used my guide, that means there are not so many reasons for your Problem.

Wich Graphiccard do you use, and wich Operating System?
Can you please post me your Hardware Specs?
If people talking slow, is it only the sound that drops or the whole Frame Rate?

Sponsored links

(05-27-2009, 02:42 AM)peekaboo Wrote: I followed your instructions but I have one problem.

Opening scenes and music sounds ok.
But during text mode, people talk very slow.
I tried tinkering with the options but couldn't find a solution.
Do you have any suggestions?

For which game? I only have persona 4 at the moment but for this one using the speedhack "vu cycle stealing" set to moderate might do the trick however chars might end up moving slow in some cutscenes instead.
(05-26-2009, 05:25 PM)Amplifie Wrote: Untick "Texture filterting" and set Internal Resolution lower (512*512) or try native. In "INIS" Folder you can go to gsdx.ini and set the internal resolution to 384*384 but that wont look so good. Also make sure, you used the new Plugins and Beta Pcsx2 1265 that i uploaded at the top of my first post, it will give you a great FPS increase in many other games too.

Thanks, I would like to try lowering the res. Smile What do I put in the ini exactly?
(05-27-2009, 02:18 PM)Taler Wrote: Thanks, I would like to try lowering the res. Smile What do I put in the ini exactly?

To lower the resolution, change following values in gsdx.ini :
Code:
resx= (simply change your resoulution here)
resy= (simply change your resoulution here)
example :
resx=384
resy=384

I also updatet my first Post Rar Archive, with this Revision (1272) you´ll gain a small Performance increase. With the new Files you now can Enable "IOP x2 Cycle Rate" again. With Revision 1265 Shin Megami Tensei : Nocturne Freezed up during state Changes, now it works. You can download it here or at my first post!

By the way, use ZeroSPU. The Sound wont be so great like with SPUX-2, but your Frame Rate increases up to 2-6 FPS.
Just a hint about running Persona 4 on Linux:
Use ZZoGL and check the ReGet target hack in that plugin configuration. With that, the game looks almost like on Windows + GSDX.
[Image: kaszak696.png]
hmmm just noticed in Nocturne if you use VU stealing in some scenes you'll get screen shaking no matter what interlacing option you use :o
Ok, I am trying to play Persona 3 FES. No matter what I do, the floor still flashes with a long, thick strip of rainbow colored lines. The graphics are fine, the speed is perfect, and there are no issues with the sound at all. I tried doing the OPs entire guide step by step but I still have the exact same issue. I have also tried my own setting changes, but still no luck. Please let me know what information you need so that this can possibly be fixed :/ Thanks a ton.
Do you have the gamefix enabled? are you using dx10?
(06-07-2009, 01:33 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Do you have the gamefix enabled? are you using dx10?

Yes and yes. Gamefix specifically for Persona, and DX10 Hardware.
(06-07-2009, 02:50 AM)chibicheebs Wrote:
(06-07-2009, 01:33 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Do you have the gamefix enabled? are you using dx10?

Yes and yes. Gamefix specifically for Persona, and DX10 Hardware.

uhm you sure you're using the GSdx version the OP mentioned? tried using other versions? does the same happen in dx9?