How to run fatal frame at normal speeds???
Tried running with the .98 version and the 2 latest developer's build still nothing changed. Entire game still runs slow. It must be something about my cpu not being fully utilized to run pcsx2. EE is still 100%.

Sponsored links

It's hard to define, but something must hold back this CPU, did you played some demanding pc games? How are they working?
Maybe you have done some changes in bios to downclock this i5?

EDIT: Best bet would be trying pcsx2 again on clean installed Win7/8 if you can do this, even installing second one as dual boot would give us answers if its related to software settings or some weird CPU problem/BIOS settings.
what happens if you press f9?

What happens if you set clamping mode to the default value?

What happens if you disable widescreen hacks?

What is special concerning your pc?
E.g. you have switching backgrounds. pcsx2 is on your D: partition while the iso is on the C: partition. What else?
Do you encrypt your drives? Do you use special optimization software?

can you please screenshot cpu-z gui while you observe slowdowns?
Pressing f9 and going to hardware mode makes it run slower. fps drops to 25 avg.
clamping mode does nothing really tried all settings. Same with widescreen hax.
Nothing special about pc, besides that i built it myself. And i run pcsx2 all from the c partition. Dont encrypt drives and no special optimization software.

(01-09-2015, 10:41 PM)belmont1990 Wrote: It's hard to define, but something must hold back this CPU, did you played some demanding pc games? How are they working?
Maybe you have done some changes in bios to downclock this i5?

EDIT: Best bet would be trying pcsx2 again on clean installed Win7/8 if you can do this, even installing second one as dual boot would give us answers if its related to software settings or some weird CPU problem/BIOS settings.

I play shadow of mordor at highest settings no problem. so i doubt its hardware limitations.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-09-2015, 11:41 PM)slyrin Wrote: I play shadow of mordor at highest settings no problem. so i doubt its hardware limitations.

You can't compare PC gaming and emulation like that. Completely different.

Anyway in your CPU-Z your CPU is only at 800mhz.

Some type of throttling.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
"Core Speed 799.53 MHz" <- this should say something like 3497 Mhz

What temps are you running at when you play PCSX2?
Still it is unlikely that his CPU is running in 800mhz and manage to get shadow of mordor at highest settings, I think there might be some auto downclocking option enabled in bios that makes CPU fire up mhz in PC games but not sensing need to do so in emulator.

Re-check your CPU settings in BIOS.
That "autosensing" doesn't work based on programs, it works based on demand - if the CPU was maxing, it would kick up(unless it was too hot)
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Obviously something screwy is going on in the BIOS settings.

Turn off stuff like Turbo and Intel SpeedStep, and anything else that can alter the CPU speed automatically. Also check and make sure the "Multiplier" is set to Auto instead of some custom value that may have been set.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(01-10-2015, 01:53 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Also check and make sure the "Multiplier" is set to Auto instead of some custom value that may have been set.

Cpu-Z is showing 8-39 possible there, so that setting should be right at least.

But definitely check other ones.