I know laptops aren't recommended but...
...about controller, there are many cheap copies of PSX DualShock controller, that come on USB, I suggest that you buy one of them, they aren't more then 10eur... & they can make you're live easy...

BTW, ...in combination with X-Padder program, these joypads are incredible... give it a try...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

Sponsored links

(01-17-2010, 06:53 PM)rex1825 Wrote: ...about controller, there are many cheap copies of PSX DualShock controller, that come on USB, I suggest that you buy one of them, they aren't more then 10eur... & they can make you're live easy...

Thanks for the info, if they're cheap and they work I suppose it'll save a lot of hassle! You've probably saved me a lot of trouble.
Laptop: Dell M1730, Duo T8300 @2.4GHz, 4Gb DDR2, Dual nVidia 512mb 9800M GTs in SLI... but still a newbie to emulation. Tongue
I know laptops aren't recommended but... I'm gettin' one anyway! Smile

Sorry for the noobish question, I'm just getting very eager to pick up a new laptop and want to make sure it's gonna be capable of PS2 emulation that's playable. All I'm hoping for are results equal to or (ofcourse) better than GaxAngel's laptop. Now, I know with the processor a C2D with Ghz as high as you can get can be OK. I'm just not sure on which video card would be my best bet. Any chance someone could "rate" any of these cards or at least advise/suggest which one's the best or worst for PCSX2? Any of them that won't work for $#!%? Any that there's vitually no difference between?

nVidia 9800M GTS - nVidia GTX 260M - ATI 4650HD - nVidia 9600M-GT

Thanks for any help.
(01-26-2010, 12:22 PM)Rezard Wrote: Any chance someone could "rate" any of these cards or at least advise/suggest which one's the best or worst for PCSX2? Any of them that won't work for $#!%? Any that there's vitually no difference between?

nVidia 9800M GTS - nVidia GTX 260M - ATI 4650HD - nVidia 9600M-GT

Thanks for any help.

GTX260M should be the best for pcsx2.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder when you see the white whale.
(01-26-2010, 12:22 PM)Rezard Wrote: nVidia 9800M GTS - nVidia GTX 260M - ATI 4650HD - nVidia 9600M-GT

I hould go for that GTX to.

Btw, what's the processor ?
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
The processor I'm hoping to get will likely be a 2.80Ghz. Not "great", but I figured would be "OK' for a laptop. As for the graphics card, I was guessng the 260M was best, but it is pricey (over $1000) and I'm honestly probably not be able to afford it Sad unless I find a better deal before I buy another. Good to know that's the best of 'em, though.

In the end, I'm thinking my wallet is gonna leave me with these 2 choices:

Gateway: 2.8Ghz m- 4GB DDR3 - nVidia 9800M GTS - $999 with 90 warranty
Asus: 2.8Ghz - 4GB DDR2 - ATI 4650HD - $875 w/ 2yr warranty and a case, too!

Is it just me, or are the priced right base on which is better? I guess all I need to know is wether or not the Gateway will be worth the extra $125. The Asus has good warranty and case, but is only 14" and only DDR2. The Gateway is 17" and has been beefed up (was a smaller CPU) and is even 2x 320 HDD in RAID0. Both are new. What should I do?
EDIT: All Core2Duo, ofcourse.
I would go for that Gateway, well I think you're not going to use PCSX2 only, so for PC gaming Gateway it's the better one. In case you want to use PCSX2 to play some games but not that demanding and you don't have much money go for the ASUS one.
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
I've just found that the 9800M GTS has been rated better than the 260M... not by too much, and I guess that doesn't necessarily mean for PCSX2 use, but hey, benchmarks are pretty reliable, right?
(01-27-2010, 12:24 PM)Rezard Wrote: I've just found that the 9800M GTS has been rated better than the 260M... not by too much, and I guess that doesn't necessarily mean for PCSX2 use, but hey, benchmarks are pretty reliable, right?

Tbh I think all those graphics cards would be perfectly fine with the PCSX2 especially when it comes to laptops anyway. I have dual 9800M GTS.
All I see being used up a lot is the CPU (I have a logitech gamepanel in my laptop). I've ran FFX, FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts 1 +2 all fine. Just a few hiccups on FFXII every now and then in larger areas and that's it. That's with dual core T8300 @2.4 GHz. But if Rezard is getting a core duo @2.8GHz he should have higher performance than me. So it looks like he'll have playable speeds a majority of the time.
Laptop: Dell M1730, Duo T8300 @2.4GHz, 4Gb DDR2, Dual nVidia 512mb 9800M GTs in SLI... but still a newbie to emulation. Tongue
Just bought a new laptop on newegg. Specs are in my sig. The Gateway slipped between my fingers, and the Asus just didn't do it for me (only 14", 4gb DDR2... minor stuff, but...) This seemed like a good deal.

Any thoughts on what I could expect?