Keyboard Shortcut[SOLVED] & Random number question
Bumping this in an effort to discover something.

Does the emulator use the random number sheet from the PS2 BIOS that is used or is it taken from elsewhere?

Sponsored links

Personally I have no idea what are you talking about...what is this "number" that you are talking about
(08-27-2012, 11:21 PM)vsub Wrote: Personally I have no idea what are you talking about...what is this "number" that you are talking about
Every PS2 has a sheet of randomly generated numbers stored on it that it uses for certain games. In the case of FFXII, obtaining rare items from chest, getting a rare steal, restorative spell values, etc.

Steals: 00-02 for a rare steal, 00-29 for an uncommon steal and 00-79 for a common steal. So if it generates 00, you get all 3 items, if it generates 27, you get a common and uncommon, so on and so forth.

Someone came up with a way to manipulate this to their advantage in FF12 to always get the rare item from chests. The sheet differs on machines with different SCPH numbers (mine happens to be SCPH70004 [found on the back of the PS2]), so I'm trying to find out if the BIOS I dumped from my 70004 is where the numbers are taken from, or if the sheet is stored within the workings of the emulator.

If it happens to be the PS2 specific BIOS, then I'm in luck, if not, then I'd have to figure it out.