Kingdom Hearts becomes slow - Not using all of my cpu
See my previous post[edited]. ..

Sponsored links

(06-28-2013, 10:27 AM)Lirans88 Wrote: In ffx2 it is much less noticed. And when i wrote that message, performance in the menu was not good, but somewhat fixed itself.
Back to KH:
On slowdowns ee is barely 20% and gs jumps around between 0 and 10
Setting ee and vu to 2 did not change anything

geez that's weird.
I know some of the KH scenes may be graphically intensive (hence the 100% util of your GPU)
but you should at least get EE% or GS% near 80%...

are you playing from your PS2 DVD or did you dump an iso from it ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
playing from iso
Tick mtvu and ee to 3 only and enable recommanded speedhacks....
can you download coretemp and check your temperatures as it is running slowly please? Your system should be okay for Kingdom Hearts.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

did not affect performance
U'r gpu is bottleneck here
less vram & low bandwidth causing issues
also did u install something on u'r pc or changed any settings in emulator or windows ?
if u'r games working fine before
maybe any problem in windows a virus or something
Run a full system scan with malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org

if not helping,restore u'r system to some time before when u not get these issues

or configure pcsx2 again
look at my short guide in my sig
Scan ur pc with malware bytes...
Isn't HD4870 a dual core gpu? It might potentially be a problem on emulators althrough dunno never had any of those, just throwing ideas;p.
Pre HD5000 series AMD(ATI back then I guess) gpu's had also some extra bugs, it might make them slower in some stuff.

But some other things you didn't said... what renderer do you use? DX9 or DX10? Commonly DX9 is much heavier.
Also your other GSdx settings(as you're clearly gpu limited)? Tried enabling/disabling "Allow 8 bit textures"? Do you use any hardware hacks? Especially MSAA? If soo turn it off, it's under hacks for a reason, it's buggy in many games, and well pretty heavy as wellTongue.

(edit: hell I had this thread opened from like maybe 10 minutes before posting at it's already soo much longerTongue, ninja wizards pff)
Already have malwarebytes. gonna scan it now.
hd4870 is a single core gpu (hd4870x2 is the dual core).
tried configuring gsdx in both dx9/10 and tried some other settings (with and without hacks). nothing helped.
I did not install anything that changed the settings. I actually formatted not long ago.
By the way i did not play KH before on my pc so i do not know if the performance has changed. The game works perfectly until you get to cutscene on the beach, after you collect the logs and 2 other stuff.
Malwarebytes quick scan did not find anything. gonna try a full scan.