Linux Issues
Yeah, it's in there. libGLEW.so.1.5, libGLEW.so.1.5.0, and libGLEW.so are all in /usr/lib. I didn't know that libGLEW.so.1.5 was supposed to be in the plugins directory. I copied it there, changing the permissions to my ownership, but I am still getting the same error that it does not exist.

Sponsored links

I was going through my settings to see what might be affecting this, and remembered that I have the Intrepid Proposed repositories enabled. Would it matter if I'm running a newer kernel, or newer version of something not listed in the dependencies for PCSX2?
Did you use proprietary graphical drivers? If no, use them.
Yes, I do. I'm using the newest version, 180.something.
I've been doing some research on this, and I came across a posting in the Ubuntu forums here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1037304

It says:

Re: pcsx2 setup problems
The 64-bit graphics plugin was developed around Glew 0.4 , whereas the newest and most likely to be installed version is 0.5 . There is graphics plugin build around Glew0.5 , but it's returning an error:
Code:

Could not load GS plugin 'plugins//libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2': plugins//libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

This indicates that it's a 32-bit application. It seems like the most reasonable solution is to move back to Glew0.4, since I've never used it for anything but trying this emulator.

wtf is glew, and how do I uninstall 0.5 and install 0.4?

I tried to find glew, but google failed me, and I couldn't track it down in the terminal, either:

Code:

taels@tornado:~$ which glew
taels@tornado:~$ which libglew
taels@tornado:~$ which glew-dev
taels@tornado:~$ which glew0.4
taels@tornado:~$ which glew0.5

The thread ends there, so I have no idea if this is actually true or not, amd/or if this is the source of my problem. If it is, is there any way I can get ahold of the older version on libglew?
GLEW is a library that lets you see which OpenGL extensions are available. I get the following error:

Can't open libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2: libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Which is pretty stupid because both those files exist:

$ ls -l plugins/libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2 /usr/lib/libGLEW*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 t t 553290 2009-02-28 13:24 plugins/libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 376146 2008-02-11 16:49 /usr/lib/libGLEW.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2009-05-17 14:52 /usr/lib/libGLEW.so -> libGLEW.so.1.5.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2009-03-28 17:52 /usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5 -> libGLEW.so.1.5.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 273488 2008-02-11 16:49 /usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5.0

I guess it won't work though because libGLEW is 64 bit:

$ file /usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5.0
/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5.0: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped

Not really sure to go from here. It *might* be possible to download the 32 bit GLEW .deb package and plonk the libs in your pcsx2 dir. No idea if that would work though. The real fix is to make 64 bit pcsx2 work.
No way, 64-bit pcsx2 required awesome bunch of coding for nothing good, and there is lot of important stuff that should be done before.
I stumbled across this thread a little while ago and thought id share what I did to get PCSX2 working on 64bit Ubuntu 9.04

libGLEW
The 32bit "libglew" deb package for whichever release your using can be found at Ubuntu Repositories. Extract the deb package and then also extract the "data.tar.gz" file located within. Copy the two files located in the extracted "data/usr/bin" directory to "/usr/lib32".

libCg
Download the Nvidia Cg Toolkit at NVIDIA Cg Toolkit and then in the extracted directory copy the two files located in the included "lib" directory to "/usr/lib32".

there are some error messages still being written to standard out but im playing games. So far its on par with the performance Im seeing in 64bit Windows 7 RC.
(05-27-2009, 02:33 AM)sumguy Wrote: So far its on par with the performance Im seeing in 64bit Windows 7 RC.

Really? That's an impressive statement. Unfortunately, I have already overwritten my Ubuntu installation for, wouldn't you know it, Windows 7 r7127. I'll keep this in mind, however, for when I overwrite my current Vista install for Ubuntu once again.

This brings up another question on my part, though. I was running Ubuntu x86 for about two months solely for the purpose of PCSX2. While running it, I would say that I got about half the performance as in Windows Vista (using svn for both). In Windows 7, I see a minimal difference in performance from Vista, if not an occasional boost. Is it possible that Ubuntu x64 handles PCSX2 better than Ubuntu x86?
PCSX2 has to be run under su or sudo, even in your own home for some reason..