Memcard problems
(05-09-2010, 12:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok, then you have a blank memcard without any data on it.
means it's ready to be used in the game you want to play, exactly like you would do on your PS2
Doesn't really help me with my original problem that the whole thing just closes when I try to run it normally.

Sponsored links

This is a pic of the error if it helps.

stange...
when you get the message, the game already boots.
did you try running from the original disc using gigahertz DVD plugin ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-09-2010, 12:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: stange...
when you get the message, the game already boots.
did you try running from the original disc using gigahertz DVD plugin ?

Yep tried both ways. The thing just couldn't start up completely when I tried using Linuz to boot it up from the iso.
is that Tekken 5 PAL you're trying to run there (from the error screenshot it seems so).
I personally have given up trying to run Tekken 5 PAL because of instability/crashes/characters dissapearing. The solution for me was buying a Tekken 5 NTSC version off ebay and that fixed everything.
You can try disabling interlacing in GSDX or running it with run->execute.
you mean you get the exact same message at the exact same place when using the original physical DVD ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-09-2010, 01:03 PM)andutrache Wrote: is that Tekken 5 PAL you're trying to run there (from the error screenshot it seems so).
I personally have given up trying to run Tekken 5 PAL because of instability/crashes/characters dissapearing. The solution for me was buying a Tekken 5 NTSC version off ebay and that fixed everything.
You can try disabling interlacing in GSDX or running it with run->execute.

yep it's a pal iso, is there no way around it?
(05-09-2010, 01:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you mean you get the exact same message at the exact same place when using the original physical DVD ?

No, when I try to run the original DVD it goes in to the Bios config no memory scenario. sorry wrong way around, I get the accessing memory card 1 error while using the physical DVD and the Bios config no memory scenario while using a mounted iso.
As i said i've given up on that looooong ago. That game (the pal version) NEVER booted for me in 0.9.6 as i got the same error as you regardless of using an iso or the original DVD.
You can try getting the latest beta 1888 maybe it will help you.

EDIT: of course it goes back to the bios screen you have an USA bios and the game is PAL(Europe) so the region lock is in effect.
(05-09-2010, 01:14 PM)andutrache Wrote: As i said i've given up on that looooong ago. That game (the pal version) NEVER booted for me in 0.9.6 as i got the same error as you regardless of using an iso or the original DVD.
You can try getting the latest beta 1888 maybe it will help you.

EDIT: of course it goes back to the bios screen you have an USA bios and the game is PAL(Europe) so the region lock is in effect.

stuff it, I'll see if any of my friends have a ntsc copy. just to clarify, the ntsc version does not have the same error?
the NTSC version works fine for me.
btw, i think you need to own the actual disk not make an iso out of a disk your friend owns (i might be wrong on this though).