Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater Best Settings
I've done a lot of things in my life, but this is definitely the one, where i would offer someone 50 bucks or Euros, just to tell me what the f*(*)*k am i supposed to do with this PCSX and this bloody game called Snake Eater..
Ok.. here i go
I listened the shadow lady's advice and downloaded the svn build. I downloaded the version r4915,r4913,r4911 and most importantly version r4833(witch solves some Snake Eater problems), one of this versions(i can't remember which, because there are like 1000 steps that you have to take before even running the game), SOLVES A PROBLEM WITH A CODEC, but the another problem emerges, slow intro scenes, slow dialogue in those scenes. But when i used PCSX2-0.9.8-r4600, i didn't had any problems with those intro scenes , the dialogue was fine, and the speed was ok, but with that version i couldn't see any characters in the codec.
This is so frustrating....
Can someone post like a manual or something how to configure PCSX, like from A TO Z , which version of PCSX, what plugin, what kind of bios, what kind of SVN.., so we can ALL play this game as normally as possible.

Sponsored links

While I haven't tried the latest SVN builds, it could very likely be the very act of being able to emulate more of the effects correctly is causing additional slowdown. In other words, there may not be a 'happy medium' so to speak.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-08-2011, 03:44 AM)vulfi 1234 Wrote: i couldn't see any characters in the codec.

I really don't understand what is your problem is? Can you first post some pics?

My spec:

CPU: Dual Core E6800(4Ghz OC)
Ram: 2x2Gb Corsair DDR3 Gaming Cas9
VGA: 9600Gt

and my PCSX2 settings are nearly default, just turn on some default speedhack...

Well I woulden't complain especially with MGS3 that using r4600(if that gets u full speed) then just hitting F9 for codec calls.
<REDACTED>
(09-08-2011, 08:32 AM)phikhanh Wrote: I really don't understand what is your problem is? Can you first post some pics?

My spec:

CPU: Dual Core E6800(4Ghz OC)
Ram: 2x2Gb Corsair DDR3 Gaming Cas9
VGA: 9600Gt

and my PCSX2 settings are nearly default, just turn on some default speedhack...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sn7Eokqx...BAC4E74777
you see this clip..?, well i'm using the same PCSX version as you, and i can't see the guy talking to snake..(i can't see the left guy), also the snake has a full colour(in my settings), and here(in the clip) he is gray, and blurry , i can have the same effect and looks(like in the clip almost identical by hitting the F9 key), but then the game slows really to the point where i can hear for example word snake, pronounced for 5 seconds.
All my settings and some screenshots are in the file.

See if it could help?

Attached Files
.rar   Pcsx2 Post.rar (Size: 1,53 MB / Downloads: 1.490)
Again, unfortunately, it's the nature of emulation... especially for a game as complex as MGS3 which really did push the PS2 as far as it could (which is why a lot of people are looking forward to the HD port coming out soon). Accuracy requires a much more powerful PC... That's why Software mode is there, it's by far the most accurate visually in recreating the PS2, but it's also the most demanding.
(09-08-2011, 07:45 PM)phikhanh Wrote: All my settings and some screenshots are in the file.

See if it could help?

Thanks man.!Cool i will look at it!
(09-08-2011, 08:00 PM)Koji Wrote: Again, unfortunately, it's the nature of emulation... especially for a game as complex as MGS3 which really did push the PS2 as far as it could (which is why a lot of people are looking forward to the HD port coming out soon). Accuracy requires a much more powerful PC... That's why Software mode is there, it's by far the most accurate visually in recreating the PS2, but it's also the most demanding.

HD port?(can you explain this?)
I agree, but what are you saying, that i should try software mode, and not the hardware mode?
is the HD port going to render a "true" 1080p like Pcsx2 can or is just an upscale?
<REDACTED>
I believe it's running at 1080p, it may be running at 720p... I honestly don't know for sure.

Vulfi: Metal Gear Solid 3 is being rereleased on the PS3 and X-box 360 by the end of the year in HD with upgrading textures and the works.

(edit) Just a heads up, I just now redumped my copy of MGS3 and with the new MTVU hack, it's a lot more enjoyable... I can actually play the game without EE cycle or VU stealing turned on at all, though there are FPS dips... Team that with SPU async though and the game appears to play very smoothly including the cutscenes.

I'm now playing around in the forest scenes without issue on a Phenom II, 4 core at 3.1ghz and an ati 5770... Nothing that's over the top. There are definitely scenes where the FPS drops, but it's actually pretty rare... I think I'll give myself a preview of how the PS3 version is going to look now Wink