Metal Gear Solid 3
I can't fix vmhack problem, anybody can help me?

Sponsored links

(01-04-2009, 07:01 PM)ohmc-Snake Wrote: PC Specs: Intel Core2Duo E6750 2.66 Hhz, GeForce 8600GTS, 2Gb RAM

PCSX2 PG Configuration:
Plugins:
Video: GSdx 872m SSSE3(Windowed, D3D9 Hardware, PS 2.0, no Interlacing, Aspect ratio 4:3, Texture Filtering enabled, Alpha correction enabled)
Sound: SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0(Time-stretching enabled)
Control: SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0

CPU Settings:
EERec enabled
Vu0Rec enabled
Vu1Rec enabled
MTGS enabled
Frame Limiting: Limit 60 FPS

SpeedHacks:
Disable VU Overflow Checks enabled
Disable FPU Overflow Checks enabled
Disable Underflow Checks enabled
EE Sync Hack (x2) enabled
IOP Sync Hack (x2) enabled

FPS 35-60
I'm just interesting what PP rev you've used to completete MGS3?
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
(12-17-2008, 08:21 AM)fireedo Wrote: I got full speed (so far I tried....not really sure about next mission/level) with Xeon 3350 @ 3,4Ghz and HD3870 512mb ddr4.....using latest playground version (not svn)

I find it hard to believe you get full speed all the time specially on cutscenes.

In my rig (C2D E8400 @ 3.8ghz) I get full speed in some screens, others not, but specially in cutscenes the framerate gets really slow, like 30fps, some rare times the speed goes up to 65fps but it's only for a short time.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

(12-18-2008, 10:16 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: the fastest speed you can get on playground is:

cpu config: MTGS enabled
speedhacks: all of them checked.
advanced options: flush to zero + denormals are zero checked (for both fpu/vu)
and finally VU-skip (if you still need it)

also use the latest GSdx, and use lilypad (and set the option to "run in GS thread" in lilypad's config)
and i think zeroSPU2 is faster than spu2ghz (iirc)

hope that helps

oh, and IIRC, a 3.6ghz C2D should be able to play MGS3 at full speed. i think i got like 40fps on my 3ghz amd x2, which is alot slower than a c2d.

HI WHAT IS THIS C2D I CAN,T UNDERSTAND ? CAN YOU TELL ME PLZ
STOP POSTING IN CAPS OR YOU WILL GET WARNED.
If you don't understand something,google it instead of asking in a thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_2_duo
[Image: newsig.jpg]
the end. xD

ty to pcsx2 team.
using playground mgs3 end with good Fps in game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For all ppl that get MGS 3 crash, I think they are having the same problem as I had, until a few hours ago. It took me ages to figure out that it was not the emu problem, why my MGS 3 is unplayable, but the settings problem. Long story short, go to advanced settings. In the EE Recs options, set Round mode to Chop / Zero. I bet it was set to something else, like Nearest or something. It worked for me. I bet it works for you too, now. If you have MGS 3 subsistence, that is. Smile
(01-27-2009, 02:37 AM)grimlord Wrote: For all ppl that get MGS 3 crash, I think they are having the same problem as I had, until a few hours ago. It took me ages to figure out that it was not the emu problem, why my MGS 3 is unplayable, but the settings problem. Long story short, go to advanced settings. In the EE Recs options, set Round mode to Chop / Zero. I bet it was set to something else, like Nearest or something. It worked for me. I bet it works for you too, now. If you have MGS 3 subsistence, that is. Smile

You mean what Anto92 said in this very same thread? Tongue
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2442-post...l#pid14378
Some reading never hurts people!
Known since ngemu time (thx prafull Wink)

a question: 336 fix the mc issue with snake eater?
Haven't the time to test it yet...
You mean 636? Tongue (I wonder why people always confuse rev numbers).Yeah,it should fix all games Wink