Metal Gear Solid 3
That's very strange, because i use GSDX 890 0.1.14! Sad

Sponsored links

Oh.. me too. What mode (DirectX 10, DirectX 9, software) and what settings? I really saw that error only once in ZeroGS (because GSDX has all postprocessing effects disabled ..). Strange.
First of all, thank you Smile

I have the latest version of Direct X, taken from the microsoft site (Version: 9.26.1590 - Date Published: 3/23/2009)

I just use the config that are selected by default, except the GSDX 890 0.1.14 plugin (SSSE3).
Hi!
I've got some problems with this awesome game! First of all, I've got the same problem like AlterMonte. Then, in the video scene of snake that opens the parachute, and lands, after that scene (there should be the one of snake talking to the colonnel in the codec) it crashes! I'm using GSdx 890 0.1.14, the latest directx version and all the settings reccommended in the forum. What is strange, it's that if I use the ZeroGS 0.97.1, it's very very slow, but it doesn't crash! My specs are:

q6600 quad core @ 2.40ghz
2gb ram
GeForce 8800 gts @ 640mb

Can someone help me pls?
AlterMonte: Hm... I have an older version of DirectX. Try to check "native" in GDdx options (or uncheck - and set different size). Or you can try to use ZeroGS - just to see difference (maybe it will be better) / or older version of GSdx (all versions from 1.0 runs same - with MGS 3).
TheFear: Try to disable speedhacks, set different mode (DX9 or DX10) or different version of CPU instructions (SSE2, SSSE3, etc.)
Quote:AlterMonte: Hm... I have an older version of DirectX. Try to check "native" in GDdx options (or uncheck - and set different size). Or you can try to use ZeroGS - just to see difference (maybe it will be better) / or older version of GSdx (all versions from 1.0 runs same - with MGS 3).
TheFear: Try to disable speedhacks, set different mode (DX9 or DX10) or different version of CPU instructions (SSE2, SSSE3, etc.)

First, thanks for replying.
I've tried like you said, but nothing gets better... I've also tried GSdx 883 but nothing... Sad
Does MGS3 Substance work?

Someone says yes, someone says no... I'm not sure anymore.

So, yer or no?
(03-26-2009, 01:20 AM)zdravkelja Wrote: Does MGS3 Substance work?

Someone says yes, someone says no... I'm not sure anymore.

So, yer or no?

Yes, UK version for sure.
Been playing it over the past couple of days.
My settings are:
[Image: th_MGS3CPUsettings.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3Config.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3graphics.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3soundmodule.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3soundsettings.jpg] [Image: th_MGS3speedhacks.jpg]

Just noticed the graphics was showing DX10, I switched this to DX9 after getting problems in the game after you first meet Eve. Worked great up until then though.
Hey Liquid, thanks for the screenshots, but nothing changed. I've tried your settings (only the logarithmic and the nloop hack were different), but still I've got the same errors Sad.
(03-26-2009, 01:17 AM)TheFear Wrote: First, thanks for replying.
I've tried like you said, but nothing gets better... I've also tried GSdx 883 but nothing... Sad
You can try newer/older drivers (from your GPU).
btw. did you test software mode?