Midnight Club: Street Racing
I know this is a little old thread, but as long as I think I've found a solution I must say. I used to have the same problem with the Metal Gear 3 game, and disabling the Game Fix "Skip MPEG hack" solve my problem. I hope the yours too :-)

Sponsored links

Up until a little while ago I have had difficulties running ANY kind of BLUE PS2 disc at all.
For the most part, most of them wouldn't even load, rather completely crashed the Emulator.
A short while ago I found that changing the VideoGS settings to (Software) instead of
(Hardware) fixed all of that.
However, there were a few games that didn't work no matter what I did...
and I can't figure out what I could do to change the settings without jeopardizing
the functionality of the rest of my games or completely alter the function of the actual
Emulator.

Anyways, with "Midnight Club I" I get it to work between the initial opening and then to the
selection screen. However, as soon as I try to enter a race, cruise, or what have you
the whole thing crashes. Anyone with a solution would be great.

Also, I get a very similar scenario with "Midnight Club II", though with that one it doesn't
load past the Title Screen. These games are precisely why I wanted a PS2 Emulator
in the first place. (I actually still own a PS2, but I'm thinking about travel convenience)
I am working with a MacBook Pro 2011 running BootCamp. (So yes, it's running the Native
Windows 7 and is actually quite fast.)

Also, "Midnight Club 3"(Extended) works a little better than I and II, but it does crash after a short while
and runs rather slow even when it IS running. It then relays a message (Hardware Incompatible... something--- Only game this happens to.)

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6490M
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3256 MB
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7 (Quad Core)
This thread is very old. I started your own thread. here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Midnight-Club
According to the compatibility list it is playable with PCSX2 0.9.6 so try that.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Software mode sorts it AFAIK
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]