New Theme
Just a bit on a sidenote IE8 beta is quite snappy. It seems even more so then Firefox but of course the release version could change that.

Sponsored links

well there's already a release candidate of IE8 for xp.

EDIT: the search box is buggy (it's not positioned where it should be)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Ok some updates:

-Glitch of upper left menu with IE7 (open buddy list,help,logout etc): I searched the net and seems it's a bug with IE7 not using the nowrap tag properly (at all actually).
Firefox and Google Chrome are fine with it,so I won't bother.
-Borders at thread listing and index removed
-Smileys,thread star rating and usergroup stars used per theme after hacking my way through mybb
-Thread icons,UserCP icons and other Misc icons cannot be used per theme,so we're stuck with the white border ones
-Links cannot get their color/font changed,since they are on the same table as the avatar/user info table.This means that changing the links CSS of the post will change Nick color/font etc
-Various bugs squashed here and there
-Almost ready for release Smile

bigmehdi can you send me a modified dot_hotfolder.gif for the dark theme? Seems you missed it.

Everyone report any suggestions / bugs here before I announce it.Doesn't mean that they will get fixed,but I will try if it's worth it (i.e. not 'bugs' like I don't like the color there!!!11)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i found out that running IE8 in compatibility mode fixes the search box position.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
@Bositman
Quote:-Glitch of upper left menu with IE7 (open buddy list,help,logout etc): I searched the net and seems it's a bug with IE7 not using the nowrap tag properly (at all actually).
I will suggest a cross browser solution below. Just making the remark:
taking care of "coding school errors" certainly help to squash bugs. Rolleyes

Quote:-Thread icons,UserCP icons and other Misc icons cannot be used per theme,so we're stuck with the white border ones
Well, then a solution would be to introduce true transparent png,
and rename them as gif Biggrin . Since it works in all browers you "bother".
Off course, doesn't work with "animated" gif. Will submit this with if you are interested.

Quote:-Links cannot get their color/font changed,since they are on the same table as the avatar/user info table.This means that changing the links CSS of the post will change Nick color/font etc
well, if you could introduce a custom css class that apply only to content,
then it would be easy to fix this.

Quote:bigmehdi can you send me a modified dot_hotfolder.gif for the dark theme? Seems you missed it.
I was wondering why you didn't replace it. I've already submitted it,
I've checked that. Anyway, I reposted in attachement it here.

Ok now here's my suggestion that will fix the top menu in ie7, and that work in other browser too. I've made a test locally, so I'm 90% sure that it would work Biggrin.

In the top menu you have a code like this:
Quote:<td class="tnav" width="100%">
*** LOGO HERE ***
</td>
<td class="tnav" nowrap="nowrap" style="padding:0px" >
<table class="tnav" align="right">
link A | link B | link C |
<form method="post" action="search.php" >
**** THE SEARCH HERE ****
</form>
</table>
</td>

THE SOLUTION:
You see a table tag, with missing corresponding tr,td tags.
Just replace the table tag , with a div one.
Also apply the style "display:inline" to form used for the search,
so it stays "aligned" with other elements.

So this would give a new code like this:
Quote:<td class="tnav" width="100%">
*** LOGO HERE ***
</td>
<td class="tnav" nowrap="nowrap" style="padding:0px" >
<div class="tnav" align="right">
link A | link B | link C |
<form method="post" action="search.php" style="display:inline;" >
**** THE SEARCH HERE ****
</form>
</div>
</td>

A last remark: it would nice to get rid of the little horizontal scrolling you get with firefox. Closedeyes

Attached Files
.zip   dot_hotfolder.zip (Size: 612 bytes / Downloads: 200)
He could just give the css elementals within the TD classing. Doesn't really matter.
1024MB, 3.5GHZ, nVidia GeForce 6600 GT, Windows XP Professional SP 2

"Money does not create happiness" - Yeah right~
(02-16-2009, 07:10 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: I will suggest a cross browser solution below. Just making the remark:
taking care of "coding school errors" certainly help to squash bugs. Rolleyes

"Coding school errors" assumes there ARE errors.This is not the case,the code is correct and IE7 has a bug which ***** it up. And try to tone down the 'know it all attitude' will you?

Quote:Well, then a solution would be to introduce true transparent png,
and rename them as gif Biggrin . Since it works in all browers you "bother".
Off course, doesn't work with "animated" gif. Will submit this with if you are interested.

Again,stop with the attitude.As I said in no way do I need to do this,so I won't 'bother' with things that take hours and hours just so you can have nice icons in the User CP. I won't do this because I'll have to change many default mybb icons which would prove troublesome on forum upgrades.

Quote:well, if you could introduce a custom css class that apply only to content,
then it would be easy to fix this.

As i said,you can't.It is ONE table,ONE element. And it is being used recursively for each post.

Quote:Ok now here's my suggestion that will fix the top menu in ie7, and that work in other browser too. I've made a test locally, so I'm 90% sure that it would work Biggrin.

Used and worked.Thanks for that.

Quote:A last remark: it would nice to get rid of the little horizontal scrolling you get with firefox. Closedeyes

No idea what you mean...

Anyway in general,I do like suggestions.The way you are doing them is not so nice though...as I've said again and again I'm doing this for you people and could very well not bother with it anymore or just remove it.
So some appreciation of my work for your improved forum experience wouldn't hurt.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
@Bositman
Quote:Again,stop with the attitude.As I said in no way do I need to do this,so I won't 'bother' with things that take hours and hours just so you can have nice icons in the User CP. I won't do this because I'll have to change many default mybb icons which would prove troublesome on forum upgrades.
No need to be upset. I think I've suggested the least annoying solution.
A solution inspired by what you've already done in other parts (i.e png renamed as gif). If you don't like "my" solution, just ignore it. I don't have "any attitude".

Quote:As i said,you can't.It is ONE table,ONE element. And it is being used recursively for each post.
I don't know how mybb template works. Hey, I don't want to bother too.

Quote:No idea what you mean...
Even if the page is at full screen, there's a little scrolling at bottom.
Again, if you don't like this remark, please just ignore it.

Quote:So some appreciation of my work for your improved forum experience wouldn't hurt.
thanks for this dark theme that hurt less the eyes Mellow
(02-16-2009, 07:10 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: A last remark: it would nice to get rid of the little horizontal scrolling you get with firefox. Closedeyes

scrolling thing? i dont have any of that.

Are you in some silly low res? cos if you are, you are very behind on the times for someone who knows everything Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@refraction
Quote:scrolling thing? i dont have any of that.

Well, then I don't know where the problem comes from.

Quote:Are you in some silly low res? cos if you are, you are very behind on the times for someone who knows everything

The scrolling wasn't there before. Do you consider 1280x1024 as low res ?