New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
Another report: MGS 3 showing more FPS (even two times), but in most cases it`s just "fake fps" count (it shows 60, but runs in 20).

Sponsored links

it look like this tool work fine with some games and in others just fake fps you get
Works just perfect in Shadow of the Colossus (fully enabled it - all the way to the right) with all other speed hacks enabled too (including EEx3). This game is exceptionally tolerant to various speed hacks it seems.

Really sped the game up to the state of real playability on my not so fast CPU. Played for 2 hours and haven't noticed any new glitches. Intro is full speed now too. Of course, it's noticeable that some frames are skipped but anyway it looks MUCH MUCH better than with VU skip f.e., now it runs more or less even without often major slowdowns or jerks as it was before, and sound is perfect.

ICO first, now SotC is fully playable too on slower setups. Perfect.

(04-17-2009, 10:06 PM)Prott Wrote: Another report: MGS 3 showing more FPS (even two times), but in most cases it`s just "fake fps" count (it shows 60, but runs in 20).

At least cutscenes are full speed now on c2d 2.8. But yeah, the hack somehow didn't help much in MGS3 ;(
Yeah.. cutscenes are perfect. I don`t know much about pcsx2, but isn`t it just a little code somewhere in pcsx2 that wasn`t rewritten when VU cycle stealing was coded in (and it still manages to fulfill it`s function to slow down the game even when it`s not needed)? Sorry if it`s wrong, it`s just a random idea. Smile
(04-17-2009, 09:28 PM)Marouane87 Wrote: What is "cell shaded graphics" ? and isn't there any other plug in to solve the freezing problem?

OK, it's cel-shaded.. And you could have "googled" it yourself Tongue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel-shaded_animation.

Back on topic - I just tried Persona 4 and it seams this game also doesn't profit from this new hack Sad
But the strange think is - MGS 3 definitely profits from VU cycle stealing during ingame cutscenes (they are all above 60 fps as far as I know - which is 2-4 times better than it was before), but framerate in game itself is same as before (and on top of that, cutscenes and game shares same engine). So is it affected by controller input?
Downhill Domination PAL - HUGE speedboost! From 40-50fps ingame to 100fps! Fram limit on, 60fps ALL the time.. great.
This is so far best speedhack I've seen. Great job Team Wink
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
This is incredibly weird Wacko

On my setup this hack actually runs SotC SLOWER, not faster. Anyone else have this experience?
Question, anyone try it with FFX?