New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
speedhacks don't always work the same for every game/every person and crash some games, and don't others. it's all trial and error when it comes to hacks

Sponsored links

(04-16-2009, 11:11 PM)Marouane87 Wrote:
Quote:This speedhack isn't available in a public release. To use it, you would have to use subversion (more on this below) to check out the code, and compile it yourself with Visual Studio 2008.

When developers make a change to PCSX2, they upload it to a global repository using a tool called subversion. This tool is essential for coordinating a large project like PCSX2 amongst multiple developers. Whenever someone makes a change, the revision number is bumped. Rev984 refers to the revision at which the new speed hack was added.

If you don't want go through the trouble of learning how to check out the source and compile it, my suggestion for you is to keep your eye on the "Official Beta" sticky on this forum. Right now its at revision 976. When its beyond 984, it will include the new speedhack.

Thank you very much for the explanation,
I don't have have visual studio Sad , but isn't there a tutoriel to compile it using ubuntu and then run it in my my laptop (wich is using vista) ? (I'm newbie in the linux world too Tongue wich I installed in my old PC ) , finally I found this link: http://www.emu-box.com/download/cat_view..._published
Could it be the compiled one? if yes, what should I do with it to make it usable in pcsx2?
thank you very much
(Sorry I have too many question Blush )

All you have to have is TortoiseSVN and Visual Studio Express C++.They are free to download. Look at this thread it's very simple...
(04-16-2009, 11:24 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: anyways i do say, this hack is amazing (finally got kh2 to go from 80% to 100% Laugh (using the highest setting Tongue) on the pc i use it on (which is a core 2 duo @ 1.86GHz Laugh), but it has it's bad stuff (i noticed that some scenes would be like skipping whenever it got lower than 80% Tongue)

Sorry, any chance you can tell me your settings for kh2? I couldn't get the new hack to help me at all.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

Quote:All you have to have is TortoiseSVN and Visual Studio Express C++.They are free to download. Look at this thread it's very simple...
Thank you very much, but I did not find where to download it (the rev984) Wacko
(04-17-2009, 12:08 AM)Marouane87 Wrote:
Quote:All you have to have is TortoiseSVN and Visual Studio Express C++.They are free to download. Look at this thread it's very simple...
Thank you very much, but I did not find where to download it (the rev984) Wacko

Later rev's will work too. Read the compile guide. Tells you how to grab the source and compile it. Anything past 984 will have the new speedhack.
If you want 984 specifically, make a folder and right click on it and go to SVN Checkout, in the URL of repository put: http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
At the bottom check Revision and type 984 into the box and hit ok.
Watercooled Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 B3 Stepping @ 2.80GHz
4 x 2GB PC2-6400 Corsair XMS2 DHX RAM
eVGA Intel GTX260 192sp
here's the link you put for TortoiseSVN Smile
Code:
http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

marcus:
my settings are as follows Laugh
Config->Cpu: Normal
Config->Speed Hacks: EE Cycle Rate Default, WaitCycle unchecked, new hack set to max Tongue
Config->Advanced: Default
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
A little off topic Luis, but grats on 1337 posts! Tongue
eVGA Intel GTX260 192sp
In fact yes, I just want the rev 984, because I already have pcsx2 0.9.6 and i want to add the new sped hack to it
(04-17-2009, 12:31 AM)Marouane87 Wrote: In fact yes, I just want the rev 984, because I already have pcsx2 0.9.6 and i want to add the new sped hack to it

Any revision AFTER 984 won't really be that drastically different from 984 yet, and will still contain the new speed hack. So just compile the latest revision.
eVGA Intel GTX260 192sp
So, in both cases, I will have to compile the full emulator Smile
Is there another solution for the compilation instead of visual studio? (I can't download it, its size is too large for my low connection)
thanks