PCSX2 1.0 released!
(08-10-2012, 07:57 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: mention what, about the shadows on xenosaga 1?

the only possible problem with them, is caused by using internal resolution scaling.

a simple work around is to use a custom resolution of

nvidia: 1510(up to 1520)x whatever number
AMD: 1024x whatever number)

I tried your suggestions and they did not work out.
Though I did realize thanks to you that if I set to native the shadows are fine.

I get lines from the char's, to there shadows in xs1.

Trying to figure out certain multiples of the internal res that worked best has always has been something thats stumped me.

Can you gimme an exact res to try and perhaps why it should work?
Like for example, it works because it's a multiple of the native, say 1024x896 = 2x 512x448...
Something like that.
I'de like to know about this prob though.

Oh one other ? for the heck of it while I'm at it.
This is an issue I've seen through the emu's dev, just a small one.
On the load screens in xs1, 2 and 3, the thumbs for the save data are all slightly corrupted.
It's always been that way.
I was wondering what sort of problem with the emulation is it that does that?

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM

Sponsored links

Maybe you could make your own thread about it ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hmmm, weird, 1510 removes the lines on all of the nvidia hardware i have here
Although, a little late (and not much active anymore here) I came to say a hi and CONGRATULATIONS !
It's great to see 1.0 and there are tons of improvements from 0.9.4 when I started to use PCSX2 to enjoy my PS2 games on PC.
PCSX2 dev team thanks for all your hard work all these years! Please keep it up and why not reach even 2.0 someday (a build where every game is playable fullspeed even at medium end systems Laugh).
Just decided to chime in due to this milestone, it's fascinating to see people still find the interest and puts the efforts into improving this amazing emulator after all these years and seeing refraction is still working on it. Tongue
Intel Core i7-860 @ 4.0 GHz | G.Skill 2x2GB @ DDR3-2290 9-10-9-24 | GTX 460 1GB @ 880/1760/2000 MHz | Windows 7 x64 Professional
(08-17-2012, 04:40 PM)RPGWiZaRD Wrote: Just decided to chime in due to this milestone, it's fascinating to see people still find the interest and puts the efforts into improving this amazing emulator after all these years and seeing refraction is still working on it. Tongue

I'm here till the end ;p It'd take quite a bit to get rid of me lol (in which I apologise in advance Tongue)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-17-2012, 05:31 PM)refraction Wrote: I'm here till the end ;p It'd take quite a bit to get rid of me lol (in which I apologise in advance Tongue)

Ahh damnit! Even if I make multiple user accounts using the most unstable speedhacks and complaining why the games doesn't work!? Tongue
Intel Core i7-860 @ 4.0 GHz | G.Skill 2x2GB @ DDR3-2290 9-10-9-24 | GTX 460 1GB @ 880/1760/2000 MHz | Windows 7 x64 Professional
(08-17-2012, 05:34 PM)RPGWiZaRD Wrote: Ahh damnit! Even if I make multiple user accounts using the most unstable speedhacks and complaining why the games doesn't work!? Tongue

Even then, im quite good at ignoring people Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-17-2012, 05:53 PM)refraction Wrote: Even then, im quite good at ignoring people Tongue

Fair enough. Tongue

Any plans on any rewrites of some specific parts of it now that 1.0 had been released? I realize at this point it's probably everytime you rewrite something it probably means many months before you get a somewhat stable code and there's always risk of somewhat dimishing returns (new bugs along the way).

I wish I had more time to look into PCSX2 but lately I've been busy with some youtube uploads and skyrim mod betatesting for a quite large mod. It's funny I got like 250 hrs ingame hours according to steam, but like 25 hrs actual playtime so far. LOL In Skyrim mods play you!

Finally I wanna quote yesterday's awesome IRC lines as we get so fed up at Creation Kit crashing left n right (probably buggier than PCSX2 code ever was ^^) when doing certain kind of modifications:

Quote:[02:09] <aLaaa> meanwhile.......
[02:09] <aLaaa> CK silently crashed in background
[02:10] <aLaaa> why this damn thing keep crashing each time you try to do a different thing than playing with it Sad
[02:16] <RPGWiZaRD> because CK has a soul too ya know
[02:16] <RPGWiZaRD> it becomes angry when it doesn't get attention Sad
[02:20] <aLaaa> yeah
[02:21] <aLaaa> probably it has been developed by a girl
[02:21] <aLaaa> this is the only explanation
[02:21] <RPGWiZaRD> ROFL

Anyway keep up the great job! Cheers
just cause i felt like i compiled a 1.0 today. really good now to play my 2 cent (dmc1&2) on the lap. i know... those're minors. but therefor and the custom fit specs it's a major. tho couple texture bugs... i got a good final speedup. espec the left over bottleneck - the (first) phantom battles - which i could play with some really playable 50-60 fps now.

great job.