PCSX2 Instability
This has been really getting at my nerves for the past week. I have always had reliable, stable performance with PCSX2 Nightly (qt) install. However, just in the last week, PCSX2 has begin to randomly vary in emulation speed and FPS. Normally, it will sit at a 100 percent speed, and a consistent average of 59.94 FPS for both V and G. But, all of a sudden, I will face random moments where the emulator dances between 97 and 100 percent. At times, the emulator will fall to as low as near 80 percent speed. It does it regardless of whether I am at 6x Native 4K (what I run standard), or at Native resolution. The only workaround I've found is turning on and off Turbo mode, or the Framelimiter. I've also faced other issues like hotkeys not working as they should (F9 Software Mode in particular). Other than that, I have cleanly reinstalled PCSX2, installed the lasted nightly build, even freshly resetting my PC; all of which render the same issue. The issue persists through the three games I've played (Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo 4, NCAA Football 06). Nothing I do seems to fix the issue, and I have no clue whether the issue is PC-related, emulator-related, or something else.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard : Asus PRIME B55M-A
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti
RAM : 32 GB

I'll also attach the log I obtained when trying to play NCAA Football 06.

Attached Files
.txt   PCSX2Unstable.txt (Size: 11,98 KB / Downloads: 42)

Sponsored links

(02-05-2024, 10:15 AM)seanaaronfay Wrote: This has been really getting at my nerves for the past week. I have always had reliable, stable performance with PCSX2 Nightly (qt) install. However, just in the last week, PCSX2 has begin to randomly vary in emulation speed and FPS.

It would be more helpful if you can figure out what PR ruined the emulator.  If it was in the last week, shouldn't be too difficult.
PR? Like which Nightly version?
(02-05-2024, 08:51 PM)seanaaronfay Wrote: PR? Like which Nightly version?

Yes, in this case it means figuring out after what version the undesired behaviour started.

PR means Pull Request in github terms, aka when a developer adds new code to main application code.
Ah okay. I mean, it started on the same version. I updated to the latest nightly last night and it still wasn’t any different. I guess I could try going backwards and see if an older nightly works better.

EDIT: If it is any more help, I've been noticing High and Very High power usage come up in Task Manager during gameplay. I'm not sure if that is normal for PCSX2 to be using that much power from my PC, or if something is causing that high power usage.
Just an update...

I have now completely reset my PC (not "Keep My Files"), and have also updated to the latest BIOS. Still no change. If I put PCSX2 into Turbo mode, my emulator speed and FPS stay locked in. But right off of Turbo, it starts getting out of whack again. I really don't know or understand what could have cause the sudden lack of performance I never had before. It's maddening me more and more with ever change I make that sees no result.