PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
No, there's no .pnach for WWE: Here Comes the Pain yet.
If you use Elf Search Tool, it shouldn't be too hard to make it though.

Sponsored links

Where i find elf search tool...
Here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/elf-sear...ost1050916
(06-27-2013, 07:46 PM)devina40 Wrote: Here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/elf-sear...ost1050916

ok i got it thanks....
The links in the OP are there for good reason. If you had a look there, you would have noticed. Instead of bothering people for already existing links, to be fair.

----
Edit: devina, would you mind updating the WS archive with the one attached below, when you chance please. It's the same (latest) archive, with some shadow alpha hack-fixes from here added as optional. These hacks seem to be better than the ones I did way back, so I've updated/added them to the existing patches, affecting the following SMT games;

Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga (SLUS-20974) (CRC-D7273511)
Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (SLUS-20911) (CRC-E8FCF8EC)
Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga (SLES-53458) (CRC-1683A6BE)
Shin Megami Tensei - Lucifer's Call (SLES-53363) (CRC-AE0DE7B7)

They're already updated in the archive, you only need update it, in your post Wink
Okay, updated.

I'm trying to update Dirge of Cerberus NTSC-U. The PAL version, which was updated by ElHecht, has perfect cutscene and gameplay ratios, whereas the NTSC-U version zooms in during cutscenes. So I tried porting the PAL info over but it doesn't do anything in the NTSC-U version.

I then found an address in the NTSC-U version, 0040c6c8, which gives perfect widescreen in both cutscenes and gameplay, but it causes lots of render errors. I'm not sure if it can be fixed by changing something else, Nemesis may know. I'm just clueless.
Just noticed that existing widescreen patch for MGS3 susbsistence PAL-G also works for the PAL-UK and PAL-FR version.
Only the CRC is different : PAL-UK and FR is 9F185CE1. Confirmed working on real hardware using ps2rd.

[(M) code for this game is 90177DB4 0C05E07C (not useful for PCSX2 users) - a bi*** to find, so I add it here, hoping it will be useful for someone]
The PAL-E FFX ws patch included in the archive was incorrect, and it was missing a render fix. I've also had a quick look at adding progressive scan mode. Not spent much time on it yet, but so far I've gotten it working for FFX PAL, and Tales of the Abyss NTSC-U.

FFX (only FFX) seems to need the emu to be rebooted once, after the game has been initially booted up, for the progressive scan mode to take effect (boot the game, press esc, and then hit reboot).

Patches updated;
  • Final Fantasy X (PAL-E) (SCES-50490)<-Corrected 16:9 patch values, added a render fix, & added progressive scan
  • Final Fantasy X (PAL-G) (SCES-50492)<-Added progressive scan
  • Tales Of The Abyss (NTSC-U) (SLUS-21386)<-Added progressive scan

You will know it has changed to progressive, when the scanning type changes from Interlaced (field), to Progressive (frame). (up top by the GSdx reported native res etc)
Archive updated~
This is more of a question than a reply. I'm curious as to why only a select few games have font/hud fixes for them. Is it because it's harder? Or just no-one really cares?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64