PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(11-25-2012, 07:48 AM)Gvaz Wrote: Is there a widescreen patch for SO:TTEOT or is it not needed?

Not needed, it has the option to chose between 4:3 or 16:9 which works in new games or can be changed in the ingame menu as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Hello everyone, i'm unable to find the patch for Tekken 5 (NTSC-U) (SLUS-21059)..

It has been listed there===> List of widescreen patches

But there's no patch when i clicked the link. It would be great if someone can provide it. Thanks in advance Smile
The patch has been removed, since the author found it to be crap.
Here's another one from "pavachan" - don't have (and can't find) the post-link.
Dunno if it works - I don't have the game.
(12-01-2012, 12:35 AM)pgert Wrote: The patch has been removed, since the author found it to be crap.
Here's another one from "pavachan" - don't have (and can't find) the post-link.
Dunno if it works - I don't have the game.

So i have just pasted that file in cheats folder, started the game and it doesn't seem to work and the inbuilt widescreen setting also doesnt work.
Set "CDVD" to "No disc", then choose "Boot CDVD (full)" from "System".
Once the PS2-menu shows, choose "System Configuration" > "Screen Size" and set it to 16:9 (or Full if you have a 16:10 monitor).
Set "CDVD" back to "Iso", close PCSX2 and restart it.

If there is an option in the game-menu to use widescreen, then use that instead of the patch (remove the patch from the cheat-folder, and disable cheats).
(12-01-2012, 02:27 AM)pgert Wrote: Set "CDVD" to "No disc", then choose "Boot CDVD (full)" from "System".
Once the PS2-menu shows, choose "System Configuration" > "Screen Size" and set it to 16:9 (or Full if you have a 16:10 monitor).
Set "CDVD" back to "Iso", close PCSX2 and restart it.

If there is an option in the game-menu to use widescreen, then use that instead of the patch (remove the patch from the cheat-folder, and disable cheats).

Nope that doesn't work too. Actually the in-game widescreen setting doesn't work. I have tested it and the PCSX2TEAM member also confirmed that in the comment of that below video And the widescreen patch works well for the PAL version

Look at this video of TEKKEN 5 by PCSX2TEAM====> Tekken 5 1080p running on PCSX2 0.9.9 SVN - wide screen patched
I found the link to the post:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid243638
(12-01-2012, 02:52 AM)pgert Wrote: I found the link to the post:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid243638

So i think i will go and buy a PAL version of TEKKEN 5 Wink. Thanks anyway
*snip*
Information 
[Image: 9r8CdH8.png]

Welcome to Devina's ultimate widescreen archive, containing the most updated and recent widescreen patches! :)

The goal of these patches are to have the PS2 library have true widescreen support (non-stretched), whether they be in the form of field-of-view, FMV hacks, font hacks or HUD hacks. All of these patches are open source - they can be improved by anyone at anytime. Just post in this thread and I will update the archive. Patches are done on a game-by-game basis. The archive currently contains 3730 patches in cheats_ws.

By submitting patches you agree for the information contained in them to become part of the public-domain. This implies that it is free for use by anyone for any purpose without restriction under copyright law. If you never agreed to these terms please contact me (Devina) so they can be removed.

IMPORTANT NOTES - READ THIS
  • This archive does not contain patches from this topic which disable blur and screen shaking. I recommend checking the topic and my supplementary post, and combining those patches with the ones in my widescreen pack for the best visual experience.
  • Despite the above, many patches in my archive may also contain other useful features. For example, the Fatal Frame patches contain codes which disable extremely blurry cutscenes due to poor upscaling. Other codes also fix visual glitches, and also contain "noise/grain filter" removal codes. Each patch is individually tailored to give you the best experience. I can't guarantee what visual fixes each game has so if you are concerned, check out a game's individual patch.
  • If you are playing Persona 3 FES (NTSC-U) with English voices, do not have "Enable Cheats" ticked in the PCSX2 menu or the game will probably freeze. Instead, combine all cheats (such as the controllable party member mod) you want into the widescreen patch .pnach file.
  • Most widescreen patches only affect the 3D environments of games, not the 2D HUD elements, which are stretched. It sucks, but it's a trade-off. For example, circles become wide ovals, squares become wide rectangles, etc. Sometimes, we can unstretch certain HUD elements - each patch is done as best as we can.
  • This archive is primarily focused on NTSC-U. If you want the most success with the patches, I highly recommend sticking to NTSC-U games and ONLY playing other regions for exclusives (such as the NTSC-J Kingdom Hearts Final Mixes, the superior PAL version of Ico, or Gregory Horror Show which was only released in Europe). There are many NTSC-U games which lack PAL patches.
  • The archive is focused into turning 4:3 into 16:9. Other aspect ratios are mostly unsupported, although they may be in a separate subfolder or non-defaulted in the patch with //.
  • Some games have built in 16:9, but it's skewed (usually zoomed in too far compared to the 4:3 version). Many patches in the archive correct this.
  • Some same games of different regions share the same CRC. The file in the cheats_ws folder is for NTSC-U so if your game doesn't seem to be working, check its folder in the archive and use that .pnach.
  • The Readme in the archive contains useful information.
  • I do not include games solely devoted to hunting/fishing real-life animals in my archive because it goes against my morals. For those games, there's a separate archive on page 636 and these patches will still be in the PCSX2 builds.

TUTORIAL

Another useful tutorial: http://www.quebecgamers.com/articles/pcs...index.html

REQUESTS

Rules:
  • Before you request a game, PLEASE CHECK THE ARCHIVE TO SEE IF IT'S ALREADY THERE.
  • Provide the region for the game(s), or NTSC-U will be assumed.
  • Don't request games that don't load and boot in PCSX2.
  • Don't request games that already support in-game 16:9 (unless the in-game 16:9 is skewed).
  • Don't request games which have a big focus on 2D elements, such as pre-rendered backgrounds. Point-and-click adventure games like Syberia and Glass Rose are bad choices for widescreen hacks and are best played in 4:3. The only exception to this rule is if 3D does play a significant part (for example, all the battles in Shadow Hearts 1 are in 3D), or if the 2D is a sidescroller like Odin Sphere as it's sometimes possible to widescreen hack them.
  • Requests for non-16:9 aspect ratios (such as 16:10 and 21:9) is now allowed.

NTSC-U
  • ATV Off Road Fury (PAL port done but can't find Y-FOV to port)
  • Deus Ex: The Conspiracy (not a big deal because it's already on Steam, but yeah)
  • Kessen 1
  • Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (may not load in PCSX2)
  • NBA ShootOut 2004
  • Rune: Viking Warlord
  • Sega Superstars (may not load in PCSX2)

FMV fix
  • Rule of Rose (high priority)
  • Final Fantasy X and X-2 (low priority)
  • Haunting Ground (low priority)
  • Xenosaga 2 and 3 (high priority)

PAL
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Tag Force Evolution

NTSC-J
  • Air Ranger 2 - Rescue Helicopter
  • Chain Dive
  • Gundam Seed: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T.
  • Jikkyou J League Perfect Striker 5
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Z: AEUG vs. Titans
WIP PATCHES
These patches need improvement and won't be in cheats_ws, but will be kept in their individual folder in the archive.
  • 1771BFE4: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (NTSC-U) - Too narrow cutscenes.
  • CC96CE93: Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria (NTSC-U) - Unstable - may freeze in areas, like final boss.
  • 1CE1DA8A: Warriors Orochi 2 (PAL) - Causes TLB miss and "kills all display" in-game
  • 2B8BB86B: Star Wars - Super Bombad Racing (NTSC-U) - Needs render fix for objects/items
  • 91AA4B28: Hungry Ghosts (NTSC-J) - Not perfect
  • 40372109: Fantavision NTSC-U - Needs render fix
  • F93AB3D0: Densha de Go! Final NTSC-J - Needs render fix
  • 43598BF3: Odin Sphere NTSC-U - Widescreen issues
  • Pirates: The Legend Of Black Kat NTSC-U/PAL - Needs render fix for water
  • Monster House (all region) - Zoom error
  • Evil Dead: Regeneration (NTSC-U) - Needs render fix

PORT REQUESTS

If there isn't a widescreen patch for a game of your region but there's a patch for that game of another region available, you can request for a game to be ported over. The cool thing about widescreen patches is that when you find the widescreen address for a game, it's relatively easy to find the corresponding address for other regions since they share similar data. It also applies to special versions (e.g. porting MGS2: Sons of Liberty to MGS2: Substance would be easy, or KH to KH: Final Mix), and sometimes extends to game sequels that use similar engines. Here's a tutorial.

ARCHIVE DOWNLOAD
Last update: January 13, 2021

Please note I usually update the archive once every few months with the newest and updated patches.
The archive will always be more updated than the latest PCSX2 builds.

Attached Files
.rar   PS2 Widescreen.rar (Size: 2,81 MB / Downloads: 135.990)