PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Done, updated the post with new links;3, if the second version works then it'll be great;3, if not I'll need another adress like noted in edited post above, the first version is a bit worser, but most likely will work. Edit: It's soo hot I'm making stupid mistakes;P, uploaded old one without jp version support at first and had to reup *sight*, hope I didn't messed up anything else:X.

>.> sorry Synce, got a serious brain lag from overheating, I updated the main script, but forgot I had a check for game version >.< *sight* check the links again in 5 minutes to check JP version, I think I got everything ok now;], just have to reup.

Sponsored links

Thanks for the update, I can confirm v1 works with ntsc-j Ico. Honestly I'm not too sure about how to get v2 working. I found a few constantly increasing values but none of them completely stop when changing stages. The first one however does pause for a second. The address for it is 202998C8, assuming that's what you meant Smile
Well, let's see then if it works. It actually was very close to what I calculated based on PAL version and "just a second" that's really enough;3(cannot set a simple delay for 1 or 2 second like I made for like 4s in v1, couse possibly it depends on stage and cpu speed:]), made similar change in here for US version in case NTSC ones were closer to each other.
Download v2.1
--moved here to keep in one post---
Thanks so much for this patches.

I just have one request, can anyone do a widescreen patch for Resident Evil Code Veronica PAL??

Thanks in advance.
Thanks again! v2.1 confirmed working w/jp Ico. For now I only had time to test a few rooms but the patch loads seamlessly. Excellent work
Great news.;3 Thx for testing and adresses for jp version. I checked some end game saves from gamefaqs on my PAL one and it seems to work far in the game too, pretty much it means pal and ntsc-j versions are flawless now. Well there's always a chance, it doesn't somewhere in the middle, but gonna stay optimistic considering all 3D cutscenes and a bunch of random stages I checked loaded in same way. The funny thing I still have no clue what exactly brakes there, but as long as original value is there during that 1-2 seconds of stage load, it works;3.

Just need some input on the US version to make the final one:3, through possibly the v2.1 or v2 already works with it, then I would like to hear which one.;]
Sooo I know God of War 1 and 2 are already officially remastered, but can someone do a widescreen hack for those for people who don't have it? xD.
Both GoW games support 16:9 natively.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pla...HD_support
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-26-2012, 10:51 AM)Bositman Wrote: Both GoW games support 16:9 natively.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pla...HD_support
True, but maybe he wants proper "hor+" widescreen modes. Unfortunately the GoW games are "vert-", at least the first one. The second one is something between hor+ and vert- I think...
Not wanna go into pointless discussion why I think GOW widescreen support is completely FINE with it's gameplay and camera distance(hopefully non claustrophobic like with some other games with such WS;3), but I can say for sure that GOW2(don't really have 1, but it's probably same even if the result is slightly different) will not have any other WS than one originally included;3 and no, not couse somebody like me thinks it's already great as it is(especially with GSdx upscaling), but simply couse AFAIK it's only way the game engine allows modding the proportions(and yes I double-checked that).

There are 2 important points to remember, often showing more than was planned means showing glitchy graphics, and even when it's working fine it can be often considered as cheat(unrevealing hidden stuff etc.) which makes width based WS support usually unusable even if the game allows it. The other thing to remember is that in many games we actually have no choice.
We don't rewrite engine, don't hack anything, we simply reuse adresses which probably(just my guess) were in those games in the first place only to allow easy/fast port from NTSC to PAL - sadly european distributors don't give a f... about anything else than their $ and most european releases have stretched graphics/fat chars;]*sight*.