PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Working on it!

I need to find a way to fix the hud.

[Image: iMjIKHq.png]

Sponsored links

According to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Gems_Collection

The PS2 version was only released in Japan. I didn't realize it came out in Europe? Or is the wiki article wrong?

Also, any updates on Grandia III, SkyStruck?
The Wiki article is wrong. Sonic Gems Collection was released in Europe.
(12-17-2016, 08:35 PM)Esppiral Wrote: Working on it!

I need to find a way to fix the hud.

[Image: iMjIKHq.png]

I don't think the menu can be fixed. On the Gamecube version with widescreen hack there's the same problem :/
Really? oh well then, I'll post it even if it is not the most perfect Widescreen hack ever.

Code:
gametitle=SONIC GEM COOLECTION (Sonic R)
comment=Widescreen hack by Esppiral
patch=1,EE,205F6608,word,00001800
patch=1,EE,204EDF9C,word,00000132
patch=1,EE,205F6628,word,40400000
patch=1,EE,205F6600,word,000073E8

Attached Files
.pnach   4A198252.pnach (Size: 298 bytes / Downloads: 307)
(12-18-2016, 02:33 PM)Esppiral Wrote: Really? oh well then, I'll post it even if it is not the most perfect Widescreen hack ever.

Code:
gametitle=SONIC GEM COOLECTION (Sonic R)
comment=Widescreen hack by Esppiral
patch=1,EE,205F6608,word,00001800
patch=1,EE,204EDF9C,word,00000132
patch=1,EE,205F6628,word,40400000
patch=1,EE,205F6600,word,000073E8

Is there a way I can combine those two patches together? I tried on my own and failed :c (Yes, I'm really a noob :/ )
Hey there, just started down this widescreen patch rabit hole and theres a couple of things..

1) the read me file in your patch database incorrectly states to create a cheats_ws folder. As far as I can tell PCSX2 is now using a cheats_ws.zip file. I just zipped up your cheat_ws folder and replaced the one that came with my pcsx2 download and all was hunky dory but if only a cheats_ws folder existed my games wouldn't go widescreen. I'd suggest you edit the read me.

2) so I actually have a 21:9 monitor. Currently I'm thinking using the 16:9 patches and just strecthing that image to 21:9 is my best bet. It's obviously a slightly distorted (widened) image but it looks rather decent and is a whole lot better than streching 4:3 to 21:9! I guess I could create 21:9 patches after going through the guides.. but this would be fairly time consuming for all my games and if I'm not mistaken most would be terribly buggy patched to 21:9 anyways, is that correct?

Thanks for all you guys hard work btw Smile
1) I don't think it does? It says: "Download the latest version of PCSX2 which has built-in widescreen support. Put the .pnach files in the "cheats_ws" folder in the PCSX2 directory."

2) Using widescreen patches for  21:9 is generally not recommended because of increased culling and font/art/2D/HUD elements are stretched even more horizontally. Again, these elements were designed for 4:3, and stretching 4:3 to 16:9 is a bit bad, but not as bad as stretching 4:3 to 21:9.

It's also very game dependent. For some games without a lot of font/art/2D/HUD, 21:9 is possible, but these games are very rare. Again, a lot of these games were *designed* for 4:3, so making them 21:9 is more likely to cause bugs than in 16:9. We've had to iron out a loooooooooot of errors (such as culling fixes), and doing the same to 21:9 is more complex.

I recommend you stick to 16:9.

Here's some Kingdom Hearts 21:9 that illustrate what I mean:

https://i.imgur.com/K54ZBQk.jpg

Hello guys
I see that there is no dedicated 60fps thread so I post here
In the pnatch patches thread i posted a 60fps code for WipeoutPulse
Now I'm working on FF12(SLUS20963) and found address 00547ED0 with value 02, if I modify it to 01 it seems 60 fps with double speed. Problem is my computer it's not beefy enough, so can someone with good eyes for 60fps(because of lack of internal framerate counter in pcsx2) and good computer confirm it's 60fps?
If that's true then we can start searching for speed modifier.
(12-22-2016, 06:40 PM)Devina Wrote: 1) I don't think it does? It says: "Download the latest version of PCSX2 which has built-in widescreen support. Put the .pnach files in the "cheats_ws" folder in the PCSX2 directory."

2) Using widescreen patches for  21:9 is generally not recommended because of increased culling and font/art/2D/HUD elements are stretched even more horizontally. Again, these elements were designed for 4:3, and stretching 4:3 to 16:9 is a bit bad, but not as bad as stretching 4:3 to 21:9.

It's also very game dependent. For some games without a lot of font/art/2D/HUD, 21:9 is possible, but these games are very rare. Again, a lot of these games were *designed* for 4:3, so making them 21:9 is more likely to cause bugs than in 16:9. We've had to iron out a loooooooooot of errors (such as culling fixes), and doing the same to 21:9 is more complex.

I recommend you stick to 16:9.

Here's some Kingdom Hearts 21:9 that illustrate what I mean:

Thanks for the reply to point number 2, you've put my mind at peace on the issue.

Regarding point 1. Yes that's my point, as far as I can tell PCSX2 isn't looking for a cheat_ws folder. It looks for a cheat_ws zip file. If you have a cheats_ws folder in the PCSX2 directory the widescreen patches aren't found, it needs to be a zip file. The instructions on your document lead me to drag out the cheat_ws folder from your provided zip into the PCSX2 directory. What I actually needed to do was drag out the contents of the cheats_ws folder in your zip and then zip those 2500 odd files into a cheats_ws.zip file (placed into my PCSX2 folder). I'd guess that some people are following your instuctions and thinking it's working but in reality they are still using the 1994 patches currently provided in the PCSX2 default download.

Hope I made that clear Smile