PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I hope to believe that someone can create a patch again thanks for the answer

Sponsored links

(07-03-2017, 04:18 PM)XAMATERASUX Wrote: I hope to believe that someone can create a patch again thanks for the answer

You need set 16:9 in the settings of the console.

Best regards.
Yes I know but I use open ps2 loader and even I setting the 16: 9 option in the console settings the widescreen mode does not work only with a patch to work the same as the game FLATOUT 2 greetings
Mm...you are right, i tried it and not works, is strange, is the first case which i see that not works,
well, i hope also for a patch.

Best regards.
[Image: 344dpqt.jpg][Image: 2dkmz3n.jpg][Image: 2dhxws0.jpg][Image: 2cf33gj.jpg]
Sorry for the pictures I asked a friend to use the game disc to see how the widescreen image of the console bios looks like it did not change anything in the image it only changes the hud of the game

greetings
NTSC-K

Chaos Legion (added 'FMV fix')

.pnach   AD0C84EA.pnach (Size: 391 bytes / Downloads: 386)

NTSC-U

Sniper Elite

.pnach   395779C5.pnach (Size: 390 bytes / Downloads: 496)
Thanks more I already have the patch for this game what I was referring to when I said about this game is that it uses the bios to activate the widescreen sniper elite game also for the elite sniper game I did not find any widescreen patch anyway thank you
greetings
I checked and Sniper Elite has skewed vert- 16:9 widescreen.

Also, I think your patch is incorrect, Arapapa. We need two versions:

1) One for the full-boot 16:9 which zooms it out to make it accurate to the 4:3 version (yours just makes it narrower - too narrow)
2) One for the 4:3 version which adjusts the narrowerness - a basic widescreen patch

This way, people could have the right 16:9 values, and be able to chooses whether or not they want the HUD stretched. I honestly think it looks better with the HUD stretched since it's in the corners.

You already succeeded with 1), since all you need to remove the Y value. We just need to find 2), which is what XAMATERASUX wants.
@Devina : Ah...I understand (completely agree with your opinion)
In your patch, what are the addresses 0010d04c, 001b930c and 00500c4 for?
Are they just alternate zoom values that you're unsure of? If so, I think we can ignore them.

If you can't find an X value, I found a solution for 2) with the addresses you provided.

//Zoom
patch=1,EE,0010d044,word,3c013f1c//3c013f00

//Y-Fov
patch=1,EE,00501e48,word,40000000 //3faaaaab

This results in an almost perfect patch which should satisfy XAMATERASUX.

4:3

My values:

If you can find something better, lemme know.