PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(08-27-2017, 02:30 AM)No.47 Wrote: @PsxFan107: Thanks for the quick reply!

I will test it, but I guess it wasn't this typo which caused the patch to not (or only partially) work on the PS2, since the same levels did work using PCSX2. And it's the same with the R&C 2 patch...

The cutscene in the first level after climbing the hill was actually vert-. Also, I have no idea why ratchet 2 is giving you a problem on console.

Please post the master codes you are using for ratchet 2 & 3. I think that may have something to do with it.

Sponsored links

I don't mean the cutscene but the normal gameplay. After the cutscene the FOV is vert- (of course this doesn't happen in PCSX2, it's working properly here).

The mastercodes are certainly correct, otherwise the patches wouldn't work at all (instead of partially). For reference:

//gametitle=Ratchet & Clank - Going Commando
// Mastercode
9011CD48 0C0472FA

//gametitle=Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal
// Mastercode
9012F420 00832021

Best regards

EDIT: Please see the EDIT in my last post Laugh
Ok it isn't the master codes then. I'm honestly out of ideas at this point. I'm pretty sure this is an issue with ps2rd seeing as the codes work fine on the emulator.
NTSC-U & PAL

Airborne Troops - Countdown to D-Day

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Airborne Troops - Countdown to D-Day (NTSC-U & PAL).zip (Size: 1,31 KB / Downloads: 90)
(08-27-2017, 05:36 PM)PsxFan107 Wrote: Ok it isn't the master codes then. I'm honestly out of ideas at this point. I'm pretty sure this is an issue with ps2rd seeing as the codes work fine on the emulator.

Well, it's the first time I can't get a patch to work on PS2 which works in PCSX2. You didn't even use special code types which might not be supported by PS2RD. Very strange indeed!

Also PS2RD supports a maximum number of 250 codes, so the patches being longer than most others (but still below 100 codes) shouldn't be a problem. Besides, for both R&C 2 and 3 the last codes (which enforce the built-in ws option) clearly work. And at least some sections of the game are successfully patched...

This means the master codes cannot be wrong. But maybe they are "not good enough"? Not sure if this is correct but my understanding is that the frequency at which the codes are applied is determined by the hooked function (scePadRead(), sceSifSendCmd(), ...). Maybe the patching applied by PCSX2's auto-hooking is "more aggressive" (that is using a higher frequency) and thus the different results...

In your patching routines, do you patch addresses which are constantly (i.e. many times a second) being written by the game? If yes, this might very well be the culprit.
So, I had a thought as to why this problem is occurring last night. I modified the patches slightly in hopes that this will solve the issue. *Fingers crossed*

Please try these ASAP.

Attached Files
.pnach   38996035.pnach (Size: 3,61 KB / Downloads: 170)
.pnach   45FE0CC4.pnach (Size: 4,09 KB / Downloads: 191)
Thanks, I will try them now...

EDIT: Unfortunately I get exactly the same results as before...
R&C 2: First level is vert-, second level is hor+ (until you die, or enter and exit your ship, ... then it's back to vert-).
R&C 3: First level starts in hor+ but is back to vert- after the cutscene, where you get the first weapon.
More Information about the setup you are using, straight to DVD-R, or is this using ESR on a slimline ps2?

(Sorry, I can't notice the problem in Ratchet and Clank 3 using the current Widescreen Patch in the Archive for NTSC)

(FMCB 1.8, not the current version, or the HDD Version) Opl 1022_DB All, with Modes 2 and 3 only, and Virtual Memory Card, from 2.5 inch hdd attached to network card on fat ps2) (Mode 8 freezes the game on boot, and the game seems to work fine without Mode 6 enabled, the official compatibility list may be wrong, since it references an older version of OPL)

(Ratchet and Clank 2, the patch in the current archive appears to work fine on fat ps2 with current OPL, Modes 2 and 3) (both games are hard patched with Widescreen to the iso using pnach patcher, Ratch and Clank 2 have controls patched L1 to 0)

I'll have to Retest for the Patches that were just upped, not sure if its worth the trouble!
(if your talking about the difference in one line or two lines of pixels, I probably wouldn't notice that, I'm sure your not referring to something that small?)

(send me a pm, I a link to a full package with all files for easy setup, I just updated the themes for 1022 and included more file examples)
I'm using the newest OPL beta and the built-in cheat engine PS2RD (V7 console with internal IDE hard drive). No problems with any other widescreen patches...

The NTSC-U  patches for R&C 2 and 3 in the current archive are my old patches from years ago. They work for the first level, after that the games are back to vert- (this means while the games are still displayed in 16:9 the FOV is reduced, in the same way the built-in widescreen option works). I didn't test them enough back then... Tongue

Best regards
I have one more trick up my sleeve. They say third time's the charm. Hopefully this will be it.

Attached Files
.pnach   38996035.pnach (Size: 3,61 KB / Downloads: 175)
.pnach   45FE0CC4.pnach (Size: 4,09 KB / Downloads: 184)