PCSX2 development plan,thoughts,contributions
(07-06-2014, 09:05 AM)Monochrome100 Wrote: Dolphin devs can help with this because they are already experienced at making accurate emulator(but of cource PS2 and Gamecube/Wii are different architectures).

um excuse me but don't both the Gamecube and the PS2 use the Power PC architecture?

(07-06-2014, 10:04 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I wish there was some way personally I could help. As I said, I am only a hobby coder, and I code in BASIC. So I am not much use on that front. However, I have considered volunteering to update the gameindex.dbf with the new information we have on games. I will PM a dev about this shortly.

There are still BASIC compilers!? O.o

(07-06-2014, 01:56 PM)gregory Wrote: GSdx provides a SW renderer that trade-off speed for accuracy (or the HW renderer trade-off accuracy for speed Tongue2). Saying that this emulator is all about speed or accuracy is just wrong. This emulator is all about to provide the best experience as possible on the most people as possible.

Dude, every game I've run in PCSX2 runs faster on Software than on Hardware. Although I do have Software mode set to about 8 rendering threads.

Sponsored links

(07-06-2014, 06:57 PM)SmakAndBaxter Wrote: um excuse me but don't both the Gamecube and the PS2 use the Power PC architecture?

They are yes, but they are both custom units, the gamecube more so than the PS2 as the PS2 one is largely just a standard MIPS based chip, where the gamecube one is a completely custom processor afaik.

(07-06-2014, 06:57 PM)SmakAndBaxter Wrote: There are still BASIC compilers!? O.o

Yep, i believe so.

(07-06-2014, 06:57 PM)SmakAndBaxter Wrote: Dude, every game I've run in PCSX2 runs faster on Software than on Hardware. Although I do have Software mode set to about 8 rendering threads.

If software is faster than hardware for you, that would signify that your GPU is quite weak but your processor isn't
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have an nVidia GeForce GTX 660M
Then i would suggest PCSX2 isn't using your Nvidia card, but the built in Intel card. I'd check the Nvidia card is selected in GSDX, also in the Nvidia configuration panel, add the PCSX2 exe as a profile and make sure the option of GPU selection is set to the high performance gaming card.

Anyway, this is a little off topic so if you want further help getting it to work better, I'd suggest opening a thread in General Discussion and Support Smile

PS2 is using powerpc architecture ? According to this its main core is Mips. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_Engine
For all the complaints that the dolphin people do about pcsx2, pcsx2 has one MAJOR thing over dolphin. it remains stable and fast no matter what svn/git revision you use, whereas dolphin crawls on git builds.
(07-06-2014, 07:13 PM)Monochrome100 Wrote: PS2 is using powerpc architecture ? According to this its main core is Mips. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_Engine

Sorry yes, I was confusing in my mind with RISC as MIPS is a type of RISC Tongue

I have been following this since the beginning and i am happy to see it getting constructive again Smile
However i do think this post is no longer useful as it has become too big, too messy and it could get "emotional" again. So, as the list that Avih has given is a great starting point to get things discussed, why don't you start a new thread in the developers area focused in those points? Keeping it civil and as constructive as possible good things could emerge from there and it could serve as a way of clarifying the direction of the project.
(07-06-2014, 09:19 AM)avih Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 03:36 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: I gotta sleep as well. Will see how it's going later. Biggrin

Please don't come back to this thread. You're not helping.

Just wanted to apologize for this. You didn't deserve it. Sorry.
(07-06-2014, 06:57 PM)SmakAndBaxter Wrote: There are still BASIC compilers!? O.o

Yeah, several. VisualBasic is prolly the most popular, but I use a dialect called FreeBasic which is based on old QuickBasic That I learned when I was about 9 years old. A 6502 emulator is my current project, but this is WAY off topic. I just wanted to reply to that since it was directed at me.

@onthebridge, well we've got one thread going in developer currently, about the Perfect rating. Anyone can make threads there, so anyone can feel free to bring up anything they have ideas about.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD