PCSX2 running poorly with GOW. Suggestions?
First off i would like to thank everyone involved in the development and support of this Application Smile

I am a total noob when it comes to Emulators so please bare with me.Blush
I figured i would give a run-down of what settings and hardware I am running. Wink
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware Specs:

CPU: Q6600 @ 3.42 Ghz
MB: DFI DK X38
PSU: Corsair TX750
RAM: G. Skill 4x2GB (8 GB)
GPU: Visiontek HD4870
HDD: 250gb 7200 x16mb Cache + 500gb"" ""storage
Sound: Dynex DX SC51

PCSX2 Plugins:

Graphics: GSdx 890(MSVC 15.00, SSSE3)0.1.14
Sound: GiGaherz SPU2 Driver (Alpha R) 0.13.0
Controllers: LilyPad 0.9.9
Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.6.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
USB: USBnull 0.5.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
Bios: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

I tried running PCSX2 0.9.4 with God of War and had major artifacting so I downloaded the 0.9.5 and the problem became "fixed". The problem i am having now is exceedingly low FPS. I'm talking less than 10 frames a second! I find this puzzling because in the Compatibility guide(found here: http://www.pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key) it lists it as playable. I have tried various different graphics plugins, starting with ZeroGS and moving on to GSDX.

GSDX10 Settings:

[attachment=13501]
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
D3D Internal Res: 1680*1050
SW rend. threads: 1

NLOOP hack: Yes
Texture filtering: Yes
Wait vsync: Yes

I tried full screen along with windowed mode to see if i could tell any performance increase and it seemed to run about the same.

I also have no clue what SW rend. threads,NLOOP hack, or Interlacing does Huh

I have since downloaded Final Fantasy X and everything seems to be running fine during the intro(I havent gotten into the game yet, just wanted to test it against GOW for now) at around 40-60 FPS. With Vsync on I expect around 60 fps.

If anyone can help or has ANY input or suggestions that could improve my PCSX2 gaming experience i would greatly appreciate your input Happy

If you cant tell i REALLY want to play GOW!

Also, can anyone tell me how to quick save???

note: this post took quite a while for my noob butt to put together Rolleyes

EDIT: woops, looks like I should of put this in the .9.5 section. Feel free to move it mods Wink

Sponsored links

WOW, since downloaded the gameFFX? Bad acting and bad telling.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(02-27-2009, 05:15 AM)Register Wrote: WOW, since downloaded the gameFFX? Bad acting and bad telling.

Are you saying you don't like FFX? Tongue

Got any suggestions on GOW?

EDIT: I tried playing FFX and that game is running all laggy also. I dont know why i am having this problem. Possibly because im on Vista 64? It is really dissapointing becuase i would really love to play PS2 Games on my PC in High resolutions. The original Playstation Emulator (PSX 1.13 - http://www.megagames.com/news/redir.cgi?...axian.com/) works great.
Thumbs Down 
Quote:downloaded Final Fantasy X
Quote:Are you saying you don't like FFX?
No, he's saying that this thread will get closed soon and you will receive warning, because
Quote:You may not post links or refer to any kind of ROM,ISO,Game that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found,the thread containing it will be closed.
(02-27-2009, 02:18 AM)kkbob33 Wrote: I have since downloaded Final Fantasy X and everything seems to be running fine during the intro(I havent gotten into the game yet, just wanted to test it against GOW for now) at around 40-60 FPS.

Closed and warned. Read our policy