PCSX2 runs slow on my computer?
care to check the CPU temps with coretemp when getting slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Try using DX11(software mode) with extra rendering threads set to 3, how does that fare ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-30-2015, 07:05 AM)ssakash Wrote: Try using DX11(software mode) with extra rendering threads set to 3, how does that fare ?

Will do, please check my last post since I have edited it to include another attachment which shows a sudden frame rate increase.
(03-30-2015, 07:08 AM)DarkPhoenix9 Wrote: Will do, please check my last post since I have edited it to include another attachment which shows a sudden frame rate increase.
yeah, still the CPU is only using 20% of it's load on the Emotion Engine. it is probably faster since, it's a less demanding scene. could you also try looking up your CPU clock speed and CPU usage using Taskmanager while playing the specific game and post the values here ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-30-2015, 07:08 AM)DarkPhoenix9 Wrote: Will do, please check my last post since I have edited it to include another attachment which shows a sudden frame rate increase.

jesalvein Wrote:care to check the CPU temps with coretemp when getting slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-30-2015, 07:11 AM)ssakash Wrote: yeah, still the CPU is only using 20% of it's load on the Emotion Engine. it is probably faster since, it's a less demanding scene. could you also try looking up your CPU clock speed and CPU usage using Taskmanager while playing the specific game and post the values here ?

I'll try to do that! With the settings you suggested, the result was good, as you can see in the attachment (some frame rate drops here and there, but apart from that it's working pretty smoothly.)

EDIT: While only running PCSX2 and SCP Server, in the second attachment are the values given by the task manager.

EDIT 2: I am trying to get the CoreTemp values, but the game almost never slows down now Biggrin
It sometimes goes from 50-60 frames to 17 frames, but only for one or two seconds.

EDIT 3: In the third attachment the sound lagged and so I decided to capture it alongside with all the CoreTemp values.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-30-2015, 07:17 AM)DarkPhoenix9 Wrote: I'll try to do that! With the settings you suggested, the result was good, as you can see in the attachment (some frame rate drops here and there, but apart from that it's working pretty smoothly.)

EDIT: While only running PCSX2 and SCP Server, in the second attachment are the values given by the task manager.

EDIT 2: I am trying to get the CoreTemp values, but the game almost never slows down now Biggrin
It sometimes goes from 50-60 frames to 17 frames, but only for one or two seconds.

EDIT 3: In the third attachment the sound lagged and so I decided to capture it alongside with all the CoreTemp values.

If you're only hitting 70% cpu usage with software mode you should increase the number of threads.
(03-30-2015, 07:55 AM)dogen Wrote: If you're only hitting 70% cpu usage with software mode you should increase the number of threads.

Oh, to 4 then? I just managed to capture a slowdown alongside CoreTemp, see the attachment.

The temps are fine. when was the taskmanager value captured ? while using software (or) hardware mode ? could you screenshot your current pcsx2 settings ? (just for checking the current situation)
- Refraction
(03-30-2015, 08:03 AM)ssakash Wrote: The temps are fine. when was the taskmanager value captured ? while using software (or) hardware mode ? could you screenshot your current pcsx2 settings ? (just for checking the current situation)

I think they were captured while still in hardware mode, but I'm not exactly certain. In the attachments you can find the current settings (I only changed those) and a major slowdown screencapture.