PS one game compatibility
That's why i asked for the ps2 version dependency. Still there were always shared ressources between ps2 and psx in compatibility mode iirc. Eg. The ps2 IOP was always used as psx EE and one of the ps2 SPU's was used for psx SPU. Emulating the psx gs chip that was hard implemented into the ps2 probably doesnt help ps2 compatibility much.

I guess nobody knows how much this will help if at all. And nobody really knows how to start or doesnt have time. Probably this could be tackled by a psx emulator dev if he ever wants to. But i guess if you leave your psx emu project you never want to see psx code again for the rest of your life...

It would be good to know how manny devs intensively code in more than one emu. I guess coding emu's is dewasting... (Does that word exist?) exhausting...

Sponsored links

Does Jak & Daxter 1 utilizes the on board psx cpu for data streaming?
(12-15-2015, 05:08 AM)riku44 Wrote: Does Jak & Daxter 1 utilizes the on board psx cpu for data streaming?

Maybe, Andy Gavin mentioned they do some stuff with it that it wasn't really intended for, or something along those lines.
The question is also how to verify the emulated PSX hardware?
If you implement the whole PSX hardware, which equals complete PSX emulation, you could use games to test your implementation.
But if you only implement PSX parts, which possibly have an effect for PS2 games, it will be hard to figure out how accurate the emulated parts are.
Even to figure out which PS2 game uses PSX resources could be difficult.
the PS2 contains the entire PSX with some additions anyway. Apart from the GPU that is, which is passed through the GS
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

And how demanding would adding psx support be. It doesn't make sense to have pcsx2 slightly more accurate if it's then twice as hard to run.
well we have to figure out exactly what is different and why, that's our only stumbling block at the moment, there's a lot of interconnected stuff that isn't explained anywhere and nobody has really dived in to find out.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-19-2015, 02:48 AM)Ōkami Amaterasu Wrote: And how demanding would adding psx support be. It doesn't make sense to have pcsx2 slightly more accurate if it's then twice as hard to run.

Pc get stronger and stronger. In the beginning no cpu could handle pcsx2 even if it was much more inaccurate. Nowadays even notebook cpus can run pcsx2 in full speed. The same you can see in the current ogl high accuracy settings - its much harder to run but more accurate and it is well appreciated by the community.

I dont think sacrificing performance for slightly more accuracy really disturbs that much.
To quote a famous movie:
"What's the point of climbing this mountain? Why do you have to do this?"
"Because it's there."

Smile
Well, jpd002 (Play! author)wrote a test to see if the IOP has the GTE. It does. Ref also made commit to put the GTE back in.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]