PS one game compatibility
Not possible. I'm not sure if it's been tested, but I believe it was, and it failed on some weird thing
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

popstarter is not extracted from the ps2, they were extracted from a special ps1 game that was released on the ps2 version of psn(which was only available in like 1 region) that used emulation.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-22-2015, 09:16 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Not possible. I'm not sure if it's been tested, but I believe it was, and it failed on some weird thing

I tested the other emulator (PS2PSXe which didn't work) we are yet to see if this emulator works, but I suspect it won't.
(11-22-2015, 09:38 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: popstarter is not extracted from the ps2, they were extracted from a special ps1 game that was released on the ps2 version of psn(which was only available in like 1 region) that used emulation.
ahh didnt know that. but popstarer can play lot of psx games on ps2 flawless. and thats why i suggest a support of usb or virtual hdd for pcsx2. i beleave its easier than code the whole psx mode
embedding another emulator inside PCSx2 kind of defeats the purpose though. Unlike implementing proper PSX backwards compatibility like the PS2 had, just embedding another emu doesn't increase accuracy
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Quote:ahh didnt know that. but popstarer can play lot of psx games on ps2 flawless. and thats why i suggest a support of usb or virtual hdd for pcsx2. i beleave its easier than code the whole psx mode

What is the point? Why don't you just use a PS emulator?
(11-23-2015, 08:01 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: What is the point? Why don't you just use a PS emulator?

actualy youre right. they are pleandly emulators for psx. but its a start for pcsx2 to play psx games that way.
my thinking.
pcsx2 does not need PS1 compatiblity.
you can use gsdx as GPU plugin in PS1 emulators though but its software rendering.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(11-28-2015, 01:30 AM)Nexxxus Wrote: pcsx2 does not need PS1 compatiblity.
you can use gsdx as GPU plugin in PS1 emulators though but its software rendering.

No it doesn't need it, but it's always been a goal of ours. It's not that far fetched, it's not like we have to write another emulator or anything. PS2 can play PS1 games, and PCSX2 can already half boot the PSX BIOS. I think it's really the GTE of the IOP we lack, and some understanding of how things are working.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'd prefer solid USB peripheral/microphone emulation over PS1 emulation anytime.
Also for the record, PS2 does not have 100% compatibility with PS1 games, you'd be surprised to know that even a couple of very famous games don't work at all on PS2.