PS2 resolution
Don't bother.it's great than 1920x1080.basic native resolution of PS2 is 640x480.
Google FFX Ps2 resolution or FFX PS2 resolution wiki.
To find which resolution it supports !
2x-3x native is multiplier of that resolution.
For example if FFX resolution is 640x480.x3 native is 1920x1440.
Which is great than 1920x1080

Sponsored links

Native res of your game will be be displayed in gsdx window´s titlebar
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-10-2013, 07:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Native res of your game will be be displayed in gsdx window´s titlebar

So my game title says GSdx | 521x416 | Auto...... This means my game resolution if I play native on will be 512x416?
Yes it'll be.sorry i didn't know that thing.thanks jesalvein for let me know that Smile
I have mine set to 3x native resolution. I looked at the top of the window and it says 640x448. It says that no matter what resolution I try to use. Even in full screen nothing changes. I tried 6x Native resolution and the game slowed down a bit like it was working harder but still said 640x448. The slow down was weird because GS EE and VU never go above 50% but FPS will drop down to like 25. Is this normal? If I should make a thread let me know, but since it has to do with resolution I figured it would go good here.
It shows only native resolution of that game.
Not the multiplier resolution u're using.hope it help u !
Thanks Preet, I appreciate it.

Edit: The above post stating that (640x480) x3 = 1920x1440 I believe is not correct. Star Ocean 3 has about the same native res, and it runs smooth as butter at 3x native res, but when I change it to custom and use 1920x1440 it slows down to around 25FPS (About the same performance as 6x res for me). EE, GS and VU still do not go above 50, so I don't understand why the performance drops so much. Must be a bottleneck somewhere not represented by those numbers....
I played FFX from start to finish uing 1080p and I had no glitches, crashes or slowdowns. Best game to play on PCSX, it just works ^^
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Good news for you AKZander now u can play FFX in custom resolution yayyyyyy Wink
Right;p "no glitches" except messed up graphics around fonts inside menus and disabling post processing effects which get ugly upscalled yea? XD

If that would mean best working ps2 game on pcsx2 I would turn emo and cut myself. ;D

Anyway back on topic, custom res is handled differently than native multiplayer hence lots of stuff works differently, they have different bugs, different performance.
There's also a small detail that "native res" can actually change in game between different elements for example FMV's can be different res than some 2D main menu which might be even different from 3D gameplay. Native res shown by GSdx is updated only during the boot and isn't refreshed later ~ at least that's how my current understanding goes.

Edit: Oh and yeah EE and GS shows only cpu side of the problem, ie you should still check your GPU with external programs to check if you aren't just GPU limited as pcsx2 has no way of showing this other than a general guess;p. And even with external programs you can't really see everything as the bottleneck can and often is caused by your hardware limited bandwidth, PS2 had little memory, but very fast transfers not all pc's are enough for that, especially not with upscalling.