Pcsx2 for android
(03-26-2016, 09:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ???
did you ever use pcsx2 ?

Of course, about two years ago I had an Athlon XIII 450 (triple core), 4GB RAM and GTX 560 and I could play Tekken 5 etc 1080p without a glitch with GSDX 10.

Right now even though I own AMD FX6300 with R9 290X and 8GB RAM, I can't see major difference (speed or graphic effects) from my earlier configuration at 1080p.

(03-26-2016, 09:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ???
did you ever use pcsx2 ?

and FYI
pcsx2 hasn't been made to make money. I know it sounds weird for Indians, but it's a fact.
It's basically more for technical challenge.

I suggest you keep an eye on Play! since it'll better suit your needs

How about porting it to android for a 'technical challenge' if not for money.

Sponsored links

(03-26-2016, 09:43 AM)manig Wrote: Of course, about two years ago I had an Athlon XIII 450 (triple core), 4GB RAM and GTX 560 and I could play Tekken 5 etc 1080p without a glitch with GSDX 10.
Right now even though I own AMD FX6300 with R9 290X and 8GB RAM, I can't see major difference (speed or graphic effects) from my earlier configuration at 1080p.
and you really think the comparison with an E5400 is relevant ?
come on kiddo...
Quote:How about porting it to android for a 'technical challenge' if not for money.
When we have made a perfect emu for PC, porting it could be an idea.
Right now, we don't have the devs to do it.
but if you can, then be my guest.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-26-2016, 09:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: and you really think the comparison with an E5400 is relevant ?
come on kiddo...
When we have made a perfect emu for PC, porting it could be an idea.
Right now, we don't have the devs to do it.
but if you can, then be my guest.

I have played Tekken 5 on E5400 too with GTX 560.

You know better but I guess on a mobile with Vulkan a low end CPU like E5400 would run great too.

I am no dev, but heck if I was and made an emulator like PCSX2. PPSSPP or FPSe, I would sell it to Sony for millions.  Cool
(03-26-2016, 10:07 AM)manig Wrote: I have played Tekken 5 on E5400 too with GTX 560.

You know better but I guess on a mobile with Vulkan a low end CPU like E5400 would run great too.

I am no dev, but heck if I was and made an emulator like PCSX2. PPSSPP or FPSe, I would sell it to Sony for millions.  Cool

Depends on how vulkan is handled in the source code...
But as you said you're no dev and probably don't know how all this works. It's not because an APU supports DX12 or Vulkan that it automatically means all apps will run smoothly on it. That's not how it works.
And still. Tekken 5 may have run correctly on an e5400 years ago, I don't think it would be the same today
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-26-2016, 10:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Depends on how vulkan is handled in the source code...
But as you said you're no dev and probably don't know how all this works. It's not because an APU supports DX12 or Vulkan that it automatically means all apps will run smoothly on it. That's not how it works.
And still. Tekken 5 may have run correctly on an e5400 years ago, I don't think it would be the same today

Hmmmm... maybe in future then. I can only wait. Meanwhile I will give my son Tekken 6 which plays really great with PPSSPP on android.

All the best and keep up the good work!
My computer can run PPSSPP full speed, high settings just fine, but it has a horrible time with PCSX2 and Dolphin on lowest settings. Even early PS2 titles like Devil May Cry and Grand Theft Auto III only run at about 30%... god forbid I even try that on my phone...
Porting PCSX2 to android won't be easy due to the plugin architecture, I always wanted to give a shot on porting it to android but the code probably couldn't be maintained on the master branch along with current code ( probably ?).

I do remember gregory saying that more works needs to be put on the linux side to allow an easier time on porting the code to android.
(03-28-2016, 08:28 AM)ssakash Wrote: Porting PCSX2 to android won't be easy due to the plugin architecture,

Plugins, retargeting recompilers, redoing UI, controls - pressure sensitive buttons should finally work -, rendering API, and more just for a slideshow for most games.

But by the time all this is done, phones might be fast enough for PCSX2.

(03-28-2016, 08:28 AM)ssakash Wrote: I always wanted to give a shot on porting it to android

How about giving the OSD a shot instead? it's weird that such a basic thing is not a part of PCSX2.
(03-28-2016, 11:17 AM)K.F Wrote: Plugins, retargeting recompilers, redoing UI, controls - pressure sensitive buttons should finally work -, rendering API, and more just for a slideshow for most games.

But by the time all this is done, phones might be fast enough for PCSX2.

Currently we use (WX,GTK,WCL) for the GUI including the core and plugins. porting every single one of them into Qt (or) any other equivalents for android is quite a troublesome task. also FPU/VU/VIF/other rec's should be re-written which is a PITA Tongue

also maybe utilize the fps2bios to circumvent around the need for a PS2 bios ? should probably be done if someone is going to do a rewrite for android. (yeah, I'd rather call it as a rewrite over porting)

Quote:How about giving the OSD a shot instead? it's weird that such a basic thing is not a part of PCSX2.

Apparently, Remeh is working on it. I'd like to avoid any duplicate works Tongue
(03-28-2016, 08:28 AM)ssakash Wrote: Porting PCSX2 to android won't be easy due to the plugin architecture

How does it have anything to do with the plugin architecture?