Pretty Slow on a "good" pc ...
I added 3,5 ghz to my previous post. I won't overclock it higher, cause i dont want to kill something inside my pc Laugh

Yes i choosed 3 rendering threads.

"EE Cycle rate on 2 and the VU Cycle Stealing on the 2nd notch, plus recommended speedhacks."
With that setting, i have 47 - 50 fps with 3,5 GHz. Bunt sometimes it runs faster and then normal. Well, at least it isn't that slow any more Laugh
I'll try to play with that settings.

"VU's to the SuperVU settings rather than MicroVU"
Well i think it runs a little bit better.

Sponsored links

Excellent, enjoy Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So, ive tested various settings. Until now, the software renderer direct x11 is the fastest and with the lessest issues.
Hardware renderer is not faster, but has many bugs. But games are still sometimes slower and then faster. Ive made a video too.

EE Cycle: Level 2
VU Cycle: Level 2
microVu Hacks: all enabled

Renderer: Direct3D11 (Software)
Interleacing: Auto
Shade Boost enabled (50-50-50)
Rendering threads: 6

Here the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deCfHnXp9j8
I filmed with my mobile phone to not compromise efficiency of my pc. (So sorry about the quality and my gaming and filming skills at the same time Laugh)
BTW CPU is still at 6 x 3,50 GHz

Is just my cpu too slow or what? Maybe someone can help Laugh
Or probably i've to wait until pcsx2 is more compatible or something like that ....
im afraid it is a case of needing more juice, we take advantage of SSSE3 and SSE4 instructions which cut out quite a chunk of code in some places, but unfortunately this is not available on the phenoms, but is available on intel processors.

If you want uber fast pcsx2, you're going to need a sandybridge or ivybridge based i5 processor, preferably unlocked, then ratchet and clank might run smooth ;p

i suggest you check out the CPU Benchmark test linked here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

it gives a good indication of the performance of different processors on pcsx2 Smile

1.) You set rendering threads to 6. Thats means all cores you have are alloted for GSDX rendering. Set it to 3 or 4 depending on the results you get.

2.) Square one only accounts for framedrops due to lack of speed from GS emulation. As said this can be helped by increasing thrads.
You often find, that EE emulation is the culprit. So enable the speedhack that enables 3 core support.

Phenom 2s have SSE3, btw. And even on a Sandy Brdge @ 4.3 you will find games that will slow down in software mode. Pretty intense are Tekken Tag Tournament, Metal Gear Solid 3 ( cutscenes ) and Shadow of the Colossus (slide show). I have a dedictaed x6 sitting here, so if you got any questions feel free to ask.
(01-25-2013, 12:59 AM)anaho Wrote: Phenom 2s have SSE3, btw.

I know they do, but i wasn't talking about SSE3, i was talking about SSSE3. Either way, SSE4 brings the biggest improvement.

and slideshow you say? This screenshot is shadow of the colossus running in software mode, 3 threads on my i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz, slower than the sandy. Admittedly i have VU cycle Stealing set to 2, but you HAVE to on this game, even with hardware mode. The game just constantly hammers the VU's with as much data as it can, so the only way to stop it doing that is to cripple it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-25-2013, 12:59 AM)anaho Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus (slide show). I have a dedictaed x6 sitting here, so if you got any questions feel free to ask.

shadow of the collosus hasent been a slideshow sinse 2010/2011 so what are you talking about lol
I run without any speedhacks.
(01-25-2013, 01:26 AM)anaho Wrote: I run without any speedhacks.

then you are asking for problems with shadow of the collosus, own fault <3
why would you use speedhakcs with shadow of the collosus anyway? you know it is a heavy game and its one of the only games that actually NEEDS it to function properly
I actually advised him to use speedhacks...
It is not that I am deliberately turn them of for SOC and then complain about bad speed XD
I donĀ“t use speedhacks because most of the time games run full speed for me and speed hacks affect stability, after all.
So not too nice for RPGs.