Problems with FFX
Uh.. You dont have to replace the motherboard cause its an asus. nvidia cards use the same pci express chipset as amd. which is how i went from a amd 5830 to a nvidia gtx 1060
[Image: xckarn-5.png]

Sponsored links

1st, nvidia and amd graphics cards use the same expansion slot, so good news there.

OGL - OpenGL is a graphics processing standard.. IF you look in your graphics plugin settings, you'll see either hardware direct x or hardware direct x 9 (direct x is another standard) or direct x 11...

a couple of speed hacks, run using direct x hardware, keep your internal resolution to 2x at first (then move to 3x and 4x to see the highest you can work at 60 fps)... If you run software, then you probably can run full speed, but not at enhanced resolutions...

AMD is just known for spotty at best OGL support in their drivers.. so trying direct x instead may give you a performance boost.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(01-09-2017, 12:38 AM)scythefwd Wrote: 1st, nvidia and amd graphics cards use the same expansion slot, so good news there.

OGL - OpenGL is a graphics processing standard.. IF you look in your graphics plugin settings, you'll see either hardware direct x or hardware direct x 9 (direct x is another standard) or direct x 11...

a couple of speed hacks, run using direct x hardware, keep your internal resolution to 2x at first (then move to 3x and 4x to see the highest you can work at 60 fps)... If you run software, then you probably can run full speed, but not at enhanced resolutions...

AMD is just known for spotty at best OGL support in their drivers.. so trying direct x instead may give you a performance boost.

The problem of game fps is already solved, including that Demi *****. Now im more concerned about something else, i know its out of topic but could you recommend me a amd graphics card with around 3 to 4 gb that's quality? Because i see here a lot of people are Asus haters :v thanks
why would you want an AMD card when you've just been told they're terrible for the emulator? lol

Pick whatever brand you like, just make sure it comes with a decent cooler, most of them use reference board anyway
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

What are you talking about.. We arnt hating on asus at all. O-o The fact of the matter is. Amd video cards are progressively being left behind spec wize.. Why pay 400 dollars on a weaker card when you can pay the same price for a nvidia card that has more power and better cooling.. A gtx 1060 3gig is 340 dollars canadian and is proving to be simply amazing. Tho for amd the same price http://www.newegg.ca/Special/ShellShocke...17&Index=1 Its currently on sale. But as i have said before and as the coders are telling you. Amd cards are not very good for the emulator. And are more for applications that use the gpu as a spare cpu.
(01-09-2017, 09:51 PM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: What are you talking about.. We arnt hating on asus at all. O-o The fact  of the matter is. Amd video cards are progressively being left behind spec wize.. Why pay 400 dollars on a weaker card when you can pay the same price for a nvidia card that has more power and better cooling.. A gtx 1060 3gig is 340 dollars canadian and is proving to be simply amazing. Tho for amd the same price http://www.newegg.ca/Special/ShellShocke...17&Index=1 Its currently on sale. But as i have said before and as the coders are telling you. Amd cards are not very good for the emulator. And are more for applications that use the gpu as a spare cpu.

I was seriously considering buying the Gigabyte gtx 1050ti G1 CO 4gb, with 1.5Mhz and it can be overclocked to 1.7~ without need of cooler. What do you think?
I have the G1 GTX 1060 and i havent found a game that makes it go past 25 degrees Celsius, You won't even need to overclock the 1050ti. Dunno the price but since you are considering it. i say go for it.
(01-10-2017, 02:34 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: I have the G1 GTX 1060 and i havent found a game that makes it go past 25 degrees Celsius, You won't even need to overclock the 1050ti. Dunno the price but since you are considering it. i say go for it.

I want mine to last some years, that's why i was looking for a budget one with at least 4gb, and the 1050ti G1 seems to be the best one no doubt. Thanks man, sorry for taking it so out of context. Until next time hehe
Hopefully you love the 1050 as much as i love mine.
I'm gonna hijack this thread instead of creating a new one. I'm new to emulation so please bear with me. I'm also having trouble with FFX, when I get to boss battle after you reach the Shoopa PCSX2 either crashes or reboots so that it takes me to the PS2 menu with the memory cards. Has anyone else encountered this?