Red Screen of Death?
But, is it true that Sony removed the RSOD in the slim version of the PS2? Because i'm not so sure.

Also, another question to be answered: Did the PS1 RSOD make any noise when it came on?
"SPARTANS! Grab your breakfast and eat harty! For tonight. We dine. IN HELL! Tomorrow, I'm thinkin' Arby's."

Sponsored links

They did not. it just removed HDD support
Technically Slim's could still be hard-modded to support HDD's, but yeah they did remove physical normal HDD support Tongue2.

The PS1 I don't recall making any special noise when an incorrect or damaged disc was put in. I'm not sure since it's been so long. I might dig out my old PSone and try it later.
(10-20-2013, 09:30 PM)NarooN Wrote: The PS1 I don't recall making any special noise when an incorrect or damaged disc was put in.
It treated bad CDs as Audio CDs
(10-20-2013, 09:30 PM)NarooN Wrote: Technically Slim's could still be hard-modded to support HDD's, but yeah they did remove physical normal HDD support Tongue2.

The PS1 I don't recall making any special noise when an incorrect or damaged disc was put in. I'm not sure since it's been so long. I might dig out my old PSone and try it later.

The first slims had a place on the board where you could mod in an HDD connector. But later ones removed even that.

I know this because I played FFXI on my PS2 for many years.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Ah yeah, I remember reading about them doing that. Sony were aware of the modding scene and tried to eliminate it with future revisions as much as they could.
(10-21-2013, 03:06 AM)NarooN Wrote: Ah yeah, I remember reading about them doing that. Sony were aware of the modding scene and tried to eliminate it with future revisions as much as they could.

I can only imagine it was to thwart HD loader. Else why would they give a crap if you hooked up a HDD, even if you had to mod your board?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-19-2013, 07:22 PM)refraction Wrote: You will also get laughed at for being an idiot for doing so Wink

well.. it was an experiment worth trying lol

(I've also loaded UMD ISOs for other reasons on PCSX2)
(10-21-2013, 11:08 PM)Saiki Wrote: well.. it was an experiment worth trying lol

(I've also loaded UMD ISOs for other reasons on PCSX2)

Monster Rancher?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-22-2013, 01:08 AM)refraction Wrote: Monster Rancher?

that was one reason