Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
# GT4
# PCSX2 version: SVN659
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Advanced Options: Defaults, except VU clamp mode -> Extra (resolves sps)
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14(594), spu2-x 1.1.0(r577)
# Description:
Black screen at start but you can continue pressing X (if you have a savegame in the memcard)
In some circuits like "El Capitan" there are some places with slowdowns and graphics corruption, but if you drive looking backwards there is no slowdown or graphic corruption at all
In other circuits like "Seattle Circuit" the game locks up in the race's start.

Sponsored links

Many of these bugs are caused by gsdx. Try an older version like 0.1.7 (dunno which exactly, but some are totally fine)..
(03-02-2009, 10:04 PM)rama Wrote: Many of these bugs are caused by gsdx. Try an older version like 0.1.7 (dunno which exactly, but some are totally fine)..

With the bugs i reported it doesn't matter gsdx 0.1.14 or 0.1.7
(02-25-2009, 03:00 AM)standrs Wrote: there is a nex bug in the pcsx2 recent beta ( since 478)

in 480p on ntsc version

in pg pcsx2: nurburgring => no sun
in new pcsx2: nurburgring => sun but fps drop when it shows (-10/15fps)
old svn377 no difference when the sun is here

also:
1) cpu use is less on recent pcsx2 than older (good thing) but i cannot get decent speed when racing cpu.
2) track such as george 5 are slow (because of the lights?)

used settings:
-speed hack all but int hack (slower than EE 3x, slower when both combined)
-advanced faster settings (glitch in the menu but faster overall)

is there anyway to make it work like before?

ps: tryed most of the svn (public snapshot or not) 8 versions of new pcsx2: same bug

great works btw keep going!!!

Same here, I tried almost all GSdx versions since 0.1.0 and there are big slowdowns on the following cases :

- When we see the sunshine
- In races by night, slowdowns when there are a lot of light spots, and when we can see the cars head or tail lights (by night or when they are slowing down on the corners)
- It seems that the lights (car lights running on another part of the track for example) can be seen through walls. When it's the case, same as before, big slowdown.

Apart from that, that's an almost permanent 60 FPS for me, but the slowdowns are very annoying on some races. Sad

EDIT : I just tried the old PCSX2 0.9.5 svn377 and there is no slowdowns at the spots I talked about. I even tried older Playground and the problem is also there, dunno where it's coming from..
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Quick note that in accordance to the forum policy I retested GT4 in 0.9.6 and the same crash occurs when starting races. Though as stated earlier that crash inparticular is not pcsx2 related but gsdx related.

Currently unknown if the later freezes that occur in ZeroGS are plugin specific however. By freezes I`m referring to when it freezes within a minute or so of a race starting.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
(03-05-2009, 05:16 AM)icemann Wrote: Quick note that in accordance to the forum policy I retested GT4 in 0.9.6 and the same crash occurs when starting races. Though as stated earlier that crash inparticular is not pcsx2 related but gsdx related.

Currently unknown if the later freezes that occur in ZeroGS are plugin specific however. By freezes I`m referring to when it freezes within a minute or so of a race starting.

Try running gsdx with native resolution or 1024x1024
Tried both. Neither worked. Still crashed.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
# GT4 (pal)
# PCSX2 version: 0.6.9
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Advanced Options: Defaults, except VU clamp mode -> Extra + Preserve Sign (removes garbage textures)
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14, spu2-x 1.1.0
# Description:
The game hangs when i enter a race with a pacecar present (e.g licens b5), appart from that the game runs perfect Laugh

EDIT:
specs:

C2D E8400 @ 3.8 GHz
4 GB DDR3
ATI hd 4800
i have a probve a problem
when i set up 480p all good but brightess a very low.
gdx 1.1.14 (u tryed anotje but the same problem)
pcsx2-beta-720
8800GT
7200(3.4)
in software mode all good

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

gt4 ntsc -97328

blackscreen
pcsx2 0.9.6 -default
gsdx 10 - hardware
spu2-x
linux iso 0.8 and peops (original cd,bin image)
lilypad

q9550 -3.4 ghz
4 gb ram
vista sp1
512 mb ati 4870 Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)