Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
Quote:That confirms the problem I have, there's definitely a problem with the intense light handling in this game.. In my case I don't crash but I lose around 20 FPS each time there is a big light source on screen which causes a short lag, and then it jumps back to 60 FPS when the light is no more on screen. I think my rig just resist better to this problem than yours as I can see but we have the same problem Sad And I also think this is an emu problem because I also tested a lot of GSdx versions and the same problem occurs.

is it possible to make a patch or something that removes intense lights from the game ?

Sponsored links

(03-12-2009, 01:16 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: I noticed that if you use DX10, you won't be able to push the internal res above 1024*1024 (in fact 1025*1025 works too it's weird but anyway..), else it will crash each time you will launch a race (at least it does for me). To boost the graphics quality, I use DX9 and push internal res. Atm I use 1680*1680 internal res, the game looks a lot better, aliasing is less visible Tongue

It's just those big slowdowns with the intense light effects that remains annoying, but else the game is looking great !

If you've overclocked your Q6600 (you didn't mention your CPU clock), you can test a good increase in the internal res (if it OCed to 3.5-3.6Ghz at least), else don't count on it, it will be too slow to be enjoyable.

Hey, i just changed it to DX9 and used 1680 as interal res. Looking great now, except Clubman Stage Route 5 freezes and also Seattle City. Must be the lighting thingy Sad

I oc'ed the q6600 @ 3600 (400*9) it runs smooth without mentionable slowdowns.
RAM @ 1066 CL 5-5-5.

I hope the lightning problem wcan be fixed.
Intel Q6600 @ 3600 (400*9)
ATI HD4850 @ 730 / 1080
4GB OCZ @1066 5-5-5
ASUS P5Q
Vista 32
Damn help. Everything seems to work fine. But when the race is starting and i am going to start playing, boom freeze, CPU: 96%. Any solution? My PC is AMD Athlon x2 5000+ and I am using lates PCSX2 and lates GSDX
Thumbs Up 
hi guys,

wel done good work (y) ,BUT i have a littlte problem a bug like this can anyone help me u use the lastest beta PCSX2 rev. 750 and i tried the release too and no chance please help !!!

sorry for my english Laugh

Peace
Adrian
Quote:Well.. all you have to do is activating in screen options the 480p mode, and in picture quality put the brightness to 0, don't touch the other things. Test again and if it's still too dark I don't know where it's coming from. Is it the same with other PS2 games on the emu are they dark too ?

uu.
all what u say i know and i always do how u say Smile (becouse if bright 3 game now rork)
in another games all ok.
only what i want this is normal brightess in 480p Smile
(problem with bright only whan i set a game in 480p mode)
Is there any way how to active 480p on PAL version?
(03-12-2009, 07:55 PM)Nechda Wrote: Is there any way how to active 480p on PAL version?
no
still no fix for light issues?
.... no asking for "when it will be fixed?". Thanks.
Surprisingly im also having problems trying to run my cousin's EU GT4. In my case, PCSX2 crashes before being even able to dislplay the game on the screen... Im wondering what's wrong cause every problem i solve gets me another two -_-
Here are my computer specs:
Graphics card: PC Partner X800 GTO GDDR3 256Mb/256bits DX 9.0c PS: 2.0
RAM: 1024MB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+, MMX, 3DNow
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster LCD 19" 1440x900

Has anyone a clue on what can be causing the problem and how to fix it? I wanna play GT4 BAAAADDD and i can't even run it -_-
[Image: tailsthefox.png]