Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
GT4 PAL
Windows 7 x64
Intel core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz
2gb OCZ ram
Radeon HD4870x2 2gb graphics

Freezes/blankscreen after initial memory card dialogue (with patch enabled)

Sad

Was really looking forward to this, after playing through FF-X at 1920x1200 with no lag...

Sponsored links

Thanks to some of the guys on this forum, I finally get GT4 to work even if it's not the great experience yet:

My finds so far: for all configuration : 480p and brightness on 0 and with all the tips found on this thread, thank to their authors.

with GDSX 0.1.15: In Directx9 (hardware)
, game works with good fps in 800x600 on some tracks and 1024x758 on other with some catches:
- dark gray texture/shadow flickering problem on the road
- visual very dark during gameplay (like if brightness was down some notches)
- reflections on the car are good but somewhat not very GT-like
- bad slowdowns during race/trial on some part of each circuit (intense lights or scene complexity?)
- during replays: sometimes very blurry/pixelized part during a change of camera angle

with GDSX 0.1.15: In Directx10 (hardware), good fps but
- texture/shadow flickering problem on the road
- visual very dark during gameplay (like if brightness was down some notches)
- NO MORE reflections on the car nor the road surface!
- bad slowdowns during race/trial on some part of each circuit (intense lights or scene complexity?)
- during replays: sometimes very blurry/pixelized parts during a change of camera angle

with ZeroGS: nice reflexions on the cars and the tracks surface and all post-fx seems OK but
- very slow fps and big slowdown (rendered software only??)
- very aliased (even when AA on X2 and Bilinear filtering ON)
- maybe need a monster PC to get decent results with this one....

If only we could get fixed the brightness problem in 480p mode, the reflections (shaders) for Directx10, the dark Shadows/texture flickering and the big slowdowns with intense light, I think we could be very close to the real thing: the PS2 game but with better graphics than the original thanks to the resolution and the antialiasing. i can live for the bad menu graphics but all the beauty of GT4 is in the global lighting and quality of the reflection at constant 60FPS... What is strange is that ZeroGS apart from the slow FPS gives us a taste of GT4 beauty (nearly perfect and beautiful reflections on cars and road, all the bells and whistles of the Special effects) but without the speed needed to really enjoy it. I suspect it's rendered by software only which could explain the slow FPS.

In conclusion, yes, GT4 is PLAYABLE... but not yet AMAZING on the PC.
CPU: E8400@3GHZ
RAM: 4G Mushkin 800mhz
VIDEO: Nvidia 9800GT
HD: 640G/SATA3/7200
PCSX2: 0.9.6 last rev&plug

i got problem with GT4. I CANT USE TIME TRIAL Because i got this after race start:

[Image: afafr.jpg]

My PC:
Core 2 Duo E4500 3.0GHz
3GB RAM,
ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB

When i try to start with 1474 Build and GSDX 0.1.9 or 0.1.5 or 0.1.4 emulator crashing...
When i try 1329 i got this on screenshot...
I tried SSE3 and SSE2.. don't work!!! PLEASE HELP!
i Use everything to start game correctly... What iam doing wrong?!
(sorry for bad english)!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT!!!: Game works now.. if you have issue like me TURN OF GAME FIXES!!!
so... i got frame rate drops (from 60.00FPS to 42-49 During time trial) What's wrong? What i must do to fix FPS problem (i got 3GHz c2d well what's wrong?!)

TO PCSX2 team:

KEEP IT UP!! VERY NICE WORK!! DO EVERYTHING TO MAKE GT4 IN 100% PLAYABLE!!! AND CONGRATULATIONS PCSX TEAM FOR DOING NICE WORK Laugh!

I go play GT4 now Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

In my opinion game is playable, with some bugs, but playable! Smile
damn it. my gt4 wont work... ive tried a few things in the Forum, but it wont get past the Little Flashing Load icon. i run Vista. can anyone help me!?!?!
Hello again... I posted last post in wrong topic i think...
I have PAL version of GT4. Everything works fine but I have got graphic bugs like that:
[Image: 2lm7uht.jpg]
Can I elliminate it somehow?

My spec:
Vista 64bit
C2D e4300@3GHz
nVidia 9600GT
3GB RAM

Thanks
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to get my PAL version of Gran Turismo 4 running all day now but it just doesn't work. It only shows a text in white font which says sony enterntainment and so on, after that the display stays black and nothing happens. I've tried several instructions which I found in the forum or in the internet but nothing works. I hope you can help me!!!
I'm using the 0.9.6 Version of PCSX2 and the only other game I play is Tekken 5 which works great.

The specifications of my PC:
Intel Q6600 @ 3,0 Ghz
ATI HD 4870 1GB
4GB Ram

If you need any more information just ask please. It would be great if you could help me!
Config > Advanced > VU clamp. Set that to none or extra Smile
or Press X
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok problem solved, game is running perfectly. But how can I fix the bug which makes the game crash in licence b5? is it possible to fix that? í mean otherwise you cant finish the game.....:-(
(07-29-2009, 01:08 PM)Spr1te0 Wrote: Ok problem solved, game is running perfectly. But how can I fix the bug which makes the game crash in licence b5? is it possible to fix that? í mean otherwise you cant finish the game.....:-(

with the latest GSdx Plugin it works fine for me.