Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Resolved [Bug report] Metal Gear Solid 3 [PAL]
Hi! I signed up because I wanted to report my experience with MGS3 (standard version) and PCSX2. I read that this is one of the most difficult game to emulate and I can say it's true, so I would like to know if my problem is a common bug or not.

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 1888, Official v0.9.6 release
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.15 (hardware, dx9, dx10), SPU2-X 1.2.0
# Description: the game runs fine if I set native resolution (it often slows down, but I can improve that with overclock), but crashes every time a new zone is loaded if I choose a differen resolution (like 1600x900, in order to have a much improved graphic). It often crashes in the same scene too. Water always gives problems (see image).
#Happens with EE Sync Hack on Default Cycle, Misc Hacks with INTC on & off, VU Hack with status flag on on & off.

My PC:
Win XP SP3 32 bit, Win 7 64 bit
E8400 overclocked at 3,73 Ghz
4 Gb DDR2 800 Mhz
GeForce 285 GTX
Drivers: 195.65 on XP, 196.21 on 7
The game is loaded from the ISO I did from the original PAL version of the game and I'm running it in Italian. I've also tried the new plugins released few days ago, but with no luck.

Should you need more informations, please let me know: I hope I wrote everything you need.

Sponsored links

No suggestions at all? Sad
Water problem is a known problem with the game. It should look ok with software mode.

Crashes in some areas using higher internal resolution is also a gsdx bug so you will have to use native resolution.
Thanks for the reply. At least now I know it's normal to have these bugs. Smile
(04-02-2010, 09:03 PM)Uff Wrote: Thanks for the reply. At least now I know it's normal to have these bus. Smile

but it goes too slow in sofware mode for me althoug it looks better.
I would like to update the situation of this problem: thanks to the 0.97 version now I can run at a higher res than native without having crashes. Happy
well completed on pcsx2 my fps was 50-60, but only lag place is water, still game is possible to complete, most of game parts are working without lag, just sometimes fps drops
i got blue graphic Errors. Is that normal or is my graphiccard broken?

My System
Win7 32bit
Radeon PCS+ HD5700 1gb
AMD Phenom x4 955 3.2Ghz
4gb ddr3

I tested with 0.9.7 and 9.6.
Same problems with both versions
do you have it all the time? try to change pcsx2 settings.
I had this blue thing too, but either it was only few scenes or i experimented with settings a bit, i dont remember for sure.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
hmm, are you using an old version of gsdx or something? you could also try doing a full boot.

failing that it might mean your version isnt recognised by the graphics plugin and doesnt disable the post processing, in which case there's nothing you can do
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!