SPU2-X v2
use the latest SVN, ar tonelico works fine

Sponsored links

(09-28-2011, 08:13 PM)Soukyuu Wrote: What did you guys change from 1.4r3878 to 1.4r4600 (and later)?
Whatever you did, it totally broke ar tonelico 2's (NTSC-U and NTSC-J) opening. As soon as the video starts playing, sounds starts skipping like mad.
Tried updating to 2.0 and it got worse. Reverted to 1.4r3878 and all problems are gone.

edit: Just found out that it's only the Dolby version (6ch ac3 audio) that is affected, if the stereo version is loaded, there are no problems.

We're not decoding real AC3 yet (and may not add support for it, due to rarity).
The video may have worked before because it only played a stereo stream that's also provided.
(09-29-2011, 08:23 AM)rama Wrote: We're not decoding real AC3 yet (and may not add support for it, due to rarity).
It would be really nice to have support for real 3D sound though, not only stereo expansion (what's the motivation behind that one anyway, it's not like it improves sound effects in any way)

Quote:The video may have worked before because it only played a stereo stream that's also provided.
Yes, that video has both a 5.1 and a stereo track. I guess my question is, what changed so that it now fails to decode stereo audio in that clip...

It now plays the multi channel tracks as they're provided.
This fixed a couple other games which do 4 channel audio, iirc.
The reasoning here was that we'd rather fix 10 games and break 1, until a proper AC3 decoder was available.
hi im having problems with my ar tonelico 1 and 2 now after reinstalling windows 7 and now all opening and problems with some of the movies As soon as the video starts playing, sounds starts making a skipping noise and ar 2 no music in the movies.
Plugin version 2.0 r4779
i have tryed
changing the settings ingame and on the plugin.
reinstalled to an older version of the realtek driver that did work and still nothing

any idea why it would just stop working when it did before?
fixed it by changeing it to prologic 2 not 6 ch tho it did work before which is why it was set to 6 ch and i was useing v2.0 before.

is there a way to pass prologic 2 through as i have a digital connection to my sound system as well (optical)?
prologic is not a digital signal, it uses side channels in an analogue signal via inverted frequencies
ah thanks

I Had problems with Atelier Iris Eternal mana (SLUS-21113). Crashes right after entering puni god. I have save state if need for testing. Upon further testing i found out that the couse is SPU2-X plugin.
Currently i am using latest SVN revision. emu ver. 0.9.9.4942.

Because i have sevral version of emulators. SPU2-X r4600m plugin worked on newest emu without any problem.

Later tomor i may even look into svn witch revision broke game
A memory card with a nearby save would be great.