Sandy Bridge = BIG improvement
(09-17-2011, 10:50 PM)addisonswim Wrote: Waste your $ on intel Bulldozer will kick ass.

I love and use AMD but I think rationally and I don't spout baseless claim.

Sponsored links

(09-17-2011, 03:09 PM)SamSoNight Wrote: This would be actually pretty bad. Monopolies promote horrendous prices and technologicial stagnation, since there is no need improve.

Yup. I would be pretty happy if AMD's bulldozer chips somehow exceeded everyones expectations. Me saying this as an intel fanboy.
AMD just doesn't impress right now. When you take a high-end Intel CPU and a high-end AMD CPU there's hardly any need to compare before seeing which is better. Though, in the lower-end CPUs there's not much difference, or at least I think.

Maybe AMD will have their day. If not, their existence benefits me anyway because it keeps Intel on their toes and making better products for lower prices.
(09-17-2011, 11:54 PM)Saturnize Wrote: Yup. I would be pretty happy if AMD's bulldozer chips somehow exceeded everyones expectations.

Me too, but only to keep prices competitive Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I just only want to say, with monopoly we only see crap product, crazy price and lazy development. All of those are BAD choice for good consumer and only good for some retarded zombie.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
All of the above shows pretty badly in Apple's products Tongue
Intel would have to keep pushing forward even if they are the only game in town. If CPUs don't get faster nobody upgrades and Intel implodes as its multi billion dollar fabs sit idle. ARM would fill in the gap if Intel didn't offer cheap CPUs.
(09-18-2011, 06:57 AM)DaMan Wrote: Intel would have to keep pushing forward even if they are the only game in town. If CPUs don't get faster nobody upgrades and Intel implodes as its multi billion dollar fabs sit idle. ARM would fill in the gap if Intel didn't offer cheap CPUs.

Not saying they would come to a halt, just saying that AMD's presence helps significantly.
Only issues I have are Intels are expensive (for me) and the Nvidia cards I had in the past were space heaters.

Maybe AMD will finally be a serious contender with Bulldozer. I'm sure it'll be better because it is a new architecture.
You get what you paid for? If you paid for an Intel's product, you'll get Intel's performance. It's as simple as that. Performance doesn't come cheap, not in this world/planet. If that was the case, then everyone would be driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini