Steambot Chronicles
My cpu, has no issues with this game. Same as fade2black's and I believe clocked the same haha.

My advice is to overclock the cpu. Overclock.net is a great place to learn how. And if you have questions about it feel free to PM me.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

I guess to overclock a k-CPU by some Mhz's you don't even need a guide or?
No need for a guide, just increase the multiplier based on clock speed you want to achieve.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I still wouldn't suggest overclocking to someone new to it without having them read a guide.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It would be best to read the side effects of overclocking before proceeding on it but, there is no need to read an guide on how to overclock since, it's very easy. And, better to know the limits of your processor.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Can you kill your cpu by increasing the multiplier?
(02-23-2015, 11:32 AM)willkuer Wrote: Can you kill your cpu by increasing the multiplier?

I reckon it will throttle itself down due to overheating. However, it's much easier to fry it by over-voltage
Here is a guide anyway:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswe...statistics

This is specifically for Haswell (the type of CPU OP has)

Overclocking is "Dangerous" if you up the voltage without thinking about it than you can fry your CPU (see guide)
i'm near positive that without a bump in voltage you could raise the multiplier to 40 (giving you 4ghz) which may give you a stable 60 FPS, But don't quote me on that.
Make sure you check your temps before and after, anything above 70C under load (run Prime95 Prime95 or Intel Burntest) is a no no, if you are hitting these temps, you need a better cooler.

I like to use Realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ to monitor temps on my CPU

Also note: If anything i've said here differs from the guide, follow the guide.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(02-23-2015, 11:32 AM)willkuer Wrote: Can you kill your cpu by increasing the multiplier?

No, but you can cause a no boot situation, even in mobos which have measures to restore defaults on such conditions(I've done it twice). Then, if the user doesn't know how to reset the CMOS, they could be in trouble.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
There is no need to reset the cmos battery, the mobo itself switches back to default's when placed In such situations. I never had to reset my cmos battery on my rig with I7 whereas, I did it multiple times on my core 2 duo rig.
- Refraction